Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time for a new board, sizing help please!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time for a new board, sizing help please!!

Not a newbie been wake surfing since 2004. I had a walker project project x 4'5" that I rode a ton and loved. I then upgraded to a walker project 4'9" F-18 and have ridden that for many years. The F-18 just feels too big for me. I'm 5'8" 165 pounds. I am looking at the Nubstep, soulcraft da honu, and soulcraft emily pro. The shop that has those in stock only has the 4'8" size in the soulcraft. I think they have the nubstep in 4'6". For those that have ridden these boards what are your thoughts??

A buddy of mine just bought an emily 4’8”. Im 6’ 195 and it feels very floaty to me. I’m also used to riding a 4’ 6” Phase 5 skim so it may just be the difference between them but I’d guess that’s too big for you. Email Soulcraft and ask about them, IF he gets back to you, I’m sure he could lead you in the right direction.

Comment

I talked to Matt at Doomswell yesterday about the same thing. I am a similar build as you, and he said I'd definitely want the 4'6" Neo or Nubstep.

By the way, I ended up going with the 4'6" Neo.

Comment

Originally posted by akdoc View Post
        Not a newbie been wake surfing since 2004. I had a walker project project x 4'5" that I rode a ton and loved. I then upgraded to a walker project 4'9" F-18 and have ridden that for many years. The F-18 just feels too big for me. I'm 5'8" 165 pounds. I am looking at the Nubstep, soulcraft da honu, and soulcraft emily pro. The shop that has those in stock only has the 4'8" size in the soulcraft. I think they have the nubstep in 4'6". For those that have ridden these boards what are your thoughts??
        i have ridden the Emily, it is badass. i currently ride a discontinued HC pro (similar to the voodoo, but less volume and a little more aggressive rails) and i love it. btw i am 5'8" 160 and ride a 4'6", don't go bigger i tried that and it doesn't feel quite right.

i can't compare to Walker project, but the soulcraft boards (IMO) are better for me than phase 5, chaos, and a few of the other smaller local texas brands I've ridden.

i suggest take your time and talk to jeff at soulcraft and describe what you're looking for and get a custom board made on one if the templates you're looking at. 100% worth it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

I 2nd that I’ve ridden almost every Soulcraft board out there and Jeff is the man when it comes to getting you dialed in right out of the box, he’s great to deal with and builds the best boards out there imho.
          surf till u die.

Comment

Originally posted by cnote View Post
            i have ridden the Emily, it is badass. i currently ride a discontinued HC pro (similar to the voodoo, but less volume and a little more aggressive rails) and i love it. btw i am 5'8" 160 and ride a 4'6", don't go bigger i tried that and it doesn't feel quite right.

i can't compare to Walker project, but the soulcraft boards (IMO) are better for me than phase 5, chaos, and a few of the other smaller local texas brands I've ridden.

i suggest take your time and talk to jeff at soulcraft and describe what you're looking for and get a custom board made on one if the templates you're looking at. 100% worth it.

my hc pro

Comment

I'm about the same size as you just a little taller and I also rode a F-18 for a long time and loved it. I have ridden almost all of the soul craft boards and have a super av and my newest fav is the secret weapon in a 4' 6" and love it as well. I think 4'6" is right around the size you will like. Jeff is a great guy and he can custom tailor a board for you as well. Also don't forget to try different fins in your boards as well. A different fin can really change how a board works and feels.

Comment

Working...
              X