Wave help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wave help

2015 RZ2 with surf xl ballasts, I think. Checking tomorrow for sure. Mission delta. Surf side ballasts full, bows full and offside rear at 30. AVX at 2. Speed 10.8-11. Wave seems kind of short and isn’t clean. Thoughts? Need lead?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wave help

https://youtu.be/ob6E48NMxwo
    Sorry it starts blurry but clears up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

https://youtu.be/25cJ-PwkyUs

Comment

Looks fast to me, makes me wonder if your speed set is accurate.
        My boy has a 15 RZ2 (no AVX) that puts out a great wave using a wakeshaper right around those same speeds.
        He has the same ballast set up but we run it 100% surf rear, 75% offside rear, bow are both full, people towards surf side.
        Do the AVX boats still have TAPS 2? If so I’m guessing you have it at 2 or 3.(lots of spray) Go higher number, 5 or 6.
        Last edited by Jetdriver; 06-26-2018, 04:24 AM.

Comment

Try 100/80 rear, 100/70 front.

Comment

How much weight do you have?
            This is my RZ4 (non avx) with 2000 lbs of ballast evenly weighted in the rear, driver and 2 passengers that total about 500 lbs all on the surf side with a Ronix wake shaper. Taps at 3 and 11.2 on the Tige speedset and there is plenty of push for my 6’1” 260lb fat self (don’t judge fat ppl surfing)

https://youtu.be/e-UYzXE2leM
            Last edited by dj2; 06-26-2018, 06:14 AM.

Comment

An AVX boat is going to be different than a non-AVX boat. Same thing with a Z3 vs a RZ2.

After saying that, I'll throw my 2 cents in - I also don't use a suckgate, but I run my AVX on the goofy at 4 and Taps at 5. The wave posted above also looks too fast OR not enough weight. Camera angle plays into that - so if you have Surf XL, it is enough weight if all your other setting are correct.

In the other thread started by MvM "noob question" - Z3 guys with AVX said they did not have good results with the suckgate on the goofy side. If you run the suckgate, I would suggest you run the AVX all the way to 10 with Taps at 3 or 4 - something like that. That will take the AVX out of play.

Comment

I run a Z1 AVX boat with a mission delta. Here's what works on my boat.
                Make sure you configure and mount the mission with the plate aft of the cups and as close to the transom (aft) as you can mount it.
                Crank your AVX up 5-10.
                Make your speed 11-11.6.
                Bow ballast full, adjust your offside rear ballast to give you about 5 deg of roll while running.
                Drop your Taps 2 setting until the wave cleans up. Adjust size with AVX settings.

General observations from my boat. Goofy side with AVX and mission delta compared to regular: likes a little more speed, likes a little lower boat pitch (less Taps), likes more AVX (higher number). I'm typically running about the same roll on either side of about 5 deg while running.

Comment

Wave help

Originally posted by trace View Post
                  I run a Z1 AVX boat with a mission delta. Here's what works on my boat.
                  Make sure you configure and mount the mission with the plate aft of the cups and as close to the transom (aft) as you can mount it.
                  Crank your AVX up 5-10.
                  Make your speed 11-11.6.
                  Bow ballast full, adjust your offside rear ballast to give you about 5 deg of roll while running.
                  Drop your Taps 2 setting until the wave cleans up. Adjust size with AVX settings.

General observations from my boat. Goofy side with AVX and mission delta compared to regular: likes a little more speed, likes a little lower boat pitch (less Taps), likes more AVX (higher number). I'm typically running about the same roll on either side of about 5 deg while running.
                  Thanks. Do you have a pic or video of goofy wave? I tried regular side for the first time today. No delta. Ran boat with 8 degree list. Very little adjusting and the wave was long, crisp and rolling. Is there any way to achieve this with my current setup or do I need to go taps3 or other after market tabs to get a good goofy wave?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

@MvM - where are you located? Maybe someone local to you could help out a bit!!

Comment

moments_072a2f38-3ff0-488b-88ac-a50031a3d2ec_orig_res.jpg best I have that has some reference for size and length.

Comment

Looks good Trace

Comment

Getting it dialed in. Just looking for a longer wave.

Comment

Are all your bags filling full? Maybe something twisted up? That wave just doesn't look right. The comments about speed are also good. Verify speed with a speedo app on your phone.

I don't have AVx, just the Vx and some extra weight, however it should be bigger.

If it were my boat I'd fill every ballast bag full, then put your passengers on the surf side. Put the suck gate on the far side. Set AVx and TAPS to their most "up" position and then start adjusting from there.

You'll figure this out. Hang in there.

Comment

Actually did find out that off side was twisted up. More tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                              X