Recommended setup 2017 RZ2 Taps 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommended setup 2017 RZ2 Taps 3

Hey guys!! I could use some help dialing in the wave on our 2017 RZ2. The boat is equipped with Surf+Wake XL. I am not sure of the weight that each sac holds in this configuration. I have been able to produce a decent wave when I weight the boat to the surf side and level the starboard aft at 20%
    I am sure that I am leaving out some info.

Hey Silver Fox. I run an RZ4 and one of my good friends runs an RZ2. We both run a wake gate (mine's the SuckGate product and I like it) and very similar ballast configurations to achieve a great wave. It took me a whole season to figure out but it's now dialed and I have a GREAT wave!
    I've got the surf+wake+XL package as well but found after LOTS of trial and error that it just wasn't quite enough for me. I've replaced the XL package rear bags with the WakeMakers 880lb (per side) plug and play rear bags. My usual setup is full ballast front and rear, a 350lb bag on centered on the bow (I use one of the original XL rear bags with Fatsac pump fittings on it), and a 400lb Fatsac on the rear bench seat offset to the surf side for a slight list (a few degrees). If you upgrade rear bags I highly recommend the Wake makers bags, they plug right in and use the existing plumbing so all you have to do is put fittings on the bag plug them in and surf.
    This produces an absolutely sick wave that can be dialed for any level of rider whether they like it flat or steep and is quite long. A few of my friends have stated they've never seen a better wave. There is of course, but that statement tells me I've got a pretty good wave to ride! The pocket is about 10' or so off the swim deck. Oh that reminds me, I custom built a new swim deck to get rid of the horrible washout that the factory RZ-series decks make with the big lip on the bottom. That's totally optional of course but I just couldn't handle it and it had to go lol. This deck is about 80lbs heavier as well so you may want to take that into account.

Comment

nice.jpg

Comment

huge.jpg

Comment

I have a 16 Z1 which is roughly the same setup for ballast etc. I generally only have my wife and son on the boat so it relatively light. I added 300lbs of lead, 250 on port side and 50lbs on stbd side, placed directly mid-ship under the tower. I run ballast at 50/50 on the front and 100/100 on the rear. with full fuel, I can run surf setting anywhere from TAPS3 at 3 up to 6 and surf setting anywhere from 3-9. Wave can be mellow on the TAPS3@3ish side to steep and crisp on the TAPS3@6 and Surf anywhere in between 3 and 8. Adding just a small amount of list by dropping 10% out of opposite side rear bag can pump it up bigger but I have found that the wave is not as consistent.

Regular Side:
          DSC_0641.jpg
          Goofy Side:
          fullsizeoutput_15.jpg

Comment

Working...
          X