Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ronix Blade vs Mission Delta

Hey everyone.

I wanted to post a comparison of the new Ronix Blade 138 vs the Mission Delta. I purchased my first boat last year, a Tigé Rz4, and put 130 hours on it last summer, at least half of which was spent surfing. I had almost no surf experience, but knew that is the main thing I wanted to do based on surfing a few times before behind a centurion sv233 with a listed setup. That boat was set up for goofy, and was never used on the regular side. I did not have that option, as my wife and son are regular footed, and my daughter and I are goofy footed. I purchased a mission delta. While I was able to dial in a wave with it, I had to still list the boat with at least 400-500 lbs of list or the wave would not clean up. I also have to deal with my swim platform slightly cutting into my wake. I thought that I may be better off with a larger wakesurf device so I could get rid of the line in the wave from the platform, and more importantly be able to surf level.

Here is my results. Now a precursor, I have normally had more luck with an empty boat (only my wife and I) when trying to go level. The wave is borderline surfable with the mission delta here, but in my experience if I get any more weight I need to list (and here I had to stand my 290 lbs on the surf side to get it clean). The first two pictures are of the mission delta, and the next two are with the ronix blade. With the delta we are talking about at least of setup and playing with the wave, and with the Ronix I did not take any time at all to really dial the wave.

Size Comparison
    size comparison.jpg

Delta Goofy
    delta goofy.jpg

Delta Regular
    delta regular.jpg

Blade Goofy
    blade goofy.jpg

Blade Regular
    Blade Regular.jpg

Blade Regular low angle
    Blade Regular low angle.jpg

The reason for the last picture was that it was the best looking wave I have ever had off the boat. I have yet to dial in the wave fully (we surfed for a little bit but the water was 60 and the air was about 55, so we didn’t really get a chance to dial the wave. It was as good or better than anything we had when listed with the delta last year with no list (and missing about 6 people from the normal crew). It fell off once immediately, as I don’t think I had it on right (it is bigger and not a ton of space to get it between the chromax and the step in the hull) but ran for an hour or so and never fell off again… The delta was better easier to set, but took a long time to dial the wave to even get a good wave. This was much easier, and I think I will have a lot more I can do to dial the wave in perfect, instead of fighting to just keep it clean on one side. If you have a larger boat I would definitely recommend this. I cannot say how it compares on something smaller, but from a build perspective it is a much heavier duty unit. I will get more time in this weekend to really play with it, but so far I am definitely impressed. Let me know if you have any questions. Again, this was only a little playing with it, and we were in shallower water that I like to surf (10-12 ft) so I think it will be amazing when I get into the deeper water (but we wanted to surf too, and the water and air were a little too cold to surf where we wanted) We really couldn't safely get any pictures of us surfing with no one else on the boat, so it is hard to see the size of the wave. We had the wave above my waist, and I am 6'4" tall. Will update with more pictures and settings next weekend, but I honestly do not ever think I will use the delta again. I would recommend the upgrade to anyone, and if you are considering between the two, if you have room to fit the Ronix Blade, I would choose that one every time (at least on my large boat).

*all of these pictures and tests were done at an even weight. I could get a similar wave with the delta last year, but only when listing the boat some, and making people move to one side, which I was trying to avoid, and my only reason to even test the Blade.

Comment

That's pretty crazy how much difference the two different shapers make. Giving me some ideas to try out now. I'm currently running a DIY suck gate that is basically the same shape as the delta. Figured I had my old DD wave about as good as I could get it. But now time to experiment some more

Comment

A friend of mine welded up about 6 different versions to try and they all work differently ok different boats. But having the gate hanging off the back of the boat definitely works the best.

Comment

Definitely interesting to see. I still believe in listing even with a gate....with my boat anyway. When you have some list you remove this line which I find ruins the shape of the wave itself. I'm still working on the right set up but as you run you can just start dumping offside weight until it's gone.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by BCRider View Post
            Definitely interesting to see. I still believe in listing even with a gate....with my boat anyway. When you have some list you remove this line which I find ruins the shape of the wave itself. I'm still working on the right set up but as you run you can just start dumping offside weight until it's gone.
            I actually bought some 3" square aluminum tubing tok raise the platform by 3". If that doesnt work, or im not happy with the platform that high i am going to chop off the corners in a couple weeks. I will post the progress from that this weekend. I could not get rid of the line even when listing last year...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Bcrider on a friends 22ve we found the best gate was the one where the suction cup mounted at the very back and the gate extended beyond the end of the hull and was larger than the mission delta.

Comment

Originally posted by bsreid View Post
                Bcrider on a friends 22ve we found the best gate was the one where the suction cup mounted at the very back and the gate extended beyond the end of the hull and was larger than the mission delta.
                That is interesting. On my boat, with the mission delta I found the wave to be better when I hooked it up in the forward orientation not in reverse orientation... Would have to assume it depends on the boat as well. I have not tried any of the other shapers besides these two, but was thoroughly impressed last weekend. I can't wait to get out on the water, and BADLY wish I took today off!

Comment

Working...
                X