Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What does this mean?

I was reading about the Alpha Z tower and saw this quote on a website

“The Alpha Z is the only tower with specific surf tow points on both sides of the tower designed to keep riders in the sweet spot”

What is that describing? I have never seen anything resembling additional tow points.

I’m guessing it’s describing the area that looks like handles on both sides of the tower. Just a guess though.

Comment

If I recal correctly I know Wake 9 made a surf rope attachment for the side of the tower to get the rider on the correct side.

Comment

Originally posted by bsreid View Post
        If I recal correctly I know Wake 9 made a surf rope attachment for the side of the tower to get the rider on the correct side.
        Correct. It does make it easier when teaching newbs...

Comment

Originally posted by Brianrzr View Post
          I was reading about the Alpha Z tower and saw this quote on a website

“The Alpha Z is the only tower with specific surf tow points on both sides of the tower designed to keep riders in the sweet spot”

What is that describing? I have never seen anything resembling additional tow points.
          They are referring to the handle looking points on either side near the top corner of the tower. This is where we attach our rope when we are surfing. We just loop the rope back around itself through the hole. It does slightly help get the rider to their natural surf side a little easier.

Comment

^ we do the same thing. I use caribeaner that I have to attached the rope so I don't have to pull the whole thing through. I've also wrapped the rope in an old T-shirt as it was starting to wear the underside of my bimini from rubbing. We always surf with the rope side mounted. It is a lot easier on the rider. It also makes it easier for picking up the rider as the rope stays on the side of the boat.
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X