Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wakesurf boards

What are all you guys riding?

I've got a victoria agent skim, liquid force tc skim and ronix koal fish. The tc skim is by far my board of choice, it has a nice skim feel with some speed for airs. looking at getting a surf style board with some pop that still is easy to break loose fro spins. Any suggestions? I'm very interested in the kanuck boards, made here in Vancouver.

I want a new skim board bad. I was only looking at Victoria. I'll have to look up the tc. Is it a hybrid or just a faster skim? What don't you like about the agent?

Comment

The TC is a bit of a hybrid compared to the Victoria but definitely not compared to some other hybrids. The Victoria almost feels too skimmy and flat. I really liked it until I got the tc and I know of lots of other people that like it too. After having it though I would probably recommend the Victoria factor, just for the higher performance

Comment

I would also look at Exile. I'm not much of a skimmer. We just won one at a Tigé reunion. Austin Keen rides their boards. They happen to be local to me in San Clemente. Here is a good site that might help you decide?
        https://www.eastcoastskimboards.com/...5_ep_68-1.html
        Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAllen View Post
          I would also look at Exile. I'm not much of a skimmer. We just won one at a Tigé reunion. Austin Keen rides their boards. They happen to be local to me in San Clemente. Here is a good site that might help you decide?
          https://www.eastcoastskimboards.com/...5_ep_68-1.html
          What do you ride for surf? I’m more interested in that.

Comment

Soulcraft. Chaos. Walker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like bananas!

Comment

Soulcraft Jimmi8 I love. VooDoo is very beloved as is Honu. Chaos Sixer. Walker Bomb Pop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm still riding my Carbon Thruster I bought from that liquidation place that had them cheap a few years ago. Board works good for someone of my ability, but I'd love to buy a Soulcraft or a Chaos.

I know on WW that Lakewakes has a bad rep but I did order a skim board from him last year. Nothing fancy, but it's far better than the old Liquid Force skim or the Phase5 Oogle I have sitting in my shed and it was in my budget. I wanted a Danielo Pro but those things are crazy expensive in Canada. The Lakewakes was under $550 Canadian with shipping included, and that was in the colors of my choice, so that's hard to beat. I've been pretty happy with it. It feels really fast and I'm really comfortable on it but I've never been on a Victoria or high end Phase5 to compare it to. Over winter I might try to find a used Danielo or Victoria for next season.

Comment

Lakewakes boards are fun. He can be confusing to deal with at times, but the boards are a good value for sure. Very durable, light, fast.

Comment

Soulcraft secret weapon... it’s ultra high performance and rips. I’ve got a couple prototype boards from jeff I can bring for you to try as well.
                    Germaine Marine
                    "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Sounds like a plan! Thanks Jason

Comment

Originally posted by bsreid View Post
                        What do you ride for surf? I’m more interested in that.
                        Brigade Halfie Pro https://www.brigadewakesurfing.com/c...nt=37114616460
                        You can see it in action with the LEDs lit up in a Lumecube video. Our board was used for the night video shoot down in Oceanside, CA with Austin Keen and Poopies.
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZA2L51k-qg
                        Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Working...
                        X