Help a dummy with some questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help a dummy with some questions

Is there anybody on here that's knowledgeable with the rz2 that I can call. Picking up a boat tomorrow and just wanted some info. Thanks in advance 443 758 5033

What kind of info? First time boat owner or new to tige?

Comment

Originally posted by bsreid View Post
      What kind of info? First time boat owner or new to tige?
      I've had many boats but this is my first tige. The boat does not have surf tabs and it would be primarily used for wakesurfing. Just trying to figure out if I should keep looking for another boat or just add an aftermarket wedge.

Comment

First of all, Congrats on the boat! Second, what year? Third, you will be very happy with the wave you can get out of that boat. Just make sure you are getting it at a good price ��
        Last edited by dj2; 08-16-2017, 02:39 AM.

Comment

2015, she needs a little bath. I was disappointed it didn't have the surf tab. But have not taken possession of it yet. I just didn't know if I should keep searching for a boat with the tabs or I get a suitable wave from the wedge. I'm scared to say what I'm paying

Comment

lol I am sure you are paying within your budget and that is your business. Not sure where you live but Germaine Marine (AZ and UT) have been retrofitting Taps 3 onto some 2014's and 15's.
            Here is a Z3 that has them, and the Z3 can definitely be a surf monster.

http://www.germainemarine.com/new_ve...04&pov=4863842

Comment

I'm in Maryland, that's the type of info that I was looking for. I've been looking for a boat for over 2 years now and didn't want this one to slip away because it didn't have the tabs. I wonder what this would cost to add to my boat? I'm also in need of a swim platform

Comment

I would jump on the one you’re looking at and add the tabs through Germaine. Because it’s a 15 it will have the right computer software and all. Platforms are EXTREMELY pricey new, like 6k. The tabs will run you about 2-3k.

Is the boat at a tige dealer, or any dealer for that matter? If so get them to take you out on a water demo first and then show you how everything works.

I’ll tell you this. When you put it in reverse it’s going to go to the right. Period.

Comment

I have a 2013 RZ2 dont know about wave difference between it an a 2015. I have tried a few boats since. I still have my boat because i cant justify buying another boat that the wave is not any better. Wave can be steep or you can make it long. We have had 2 people surfing at once, and probably could have had three if we had one more person that was not a beginner on the boat at the time. The plus to the RZ2 over the Z3 to ME is you can do all the other water-sports with a good wave. Guy on our lake has a Z3 has a good surf wave, but wake not as good for some water sports. You want need the wedge. I do have the convex add on swim platform which does make a difference in the wave. At this point the only way i would buy a different boat would be the capability of changing sides while surfing.

Comment

Originally posted by Lowe0515 View Post
                    I'm in Maryland, that's the type of info that I was looking for. I've been looking for a boat for over 2 years now and didn't want this one to slip away because it didn't have the tabs. I wonder what this would cost to add to my boat? I'm also in need of a swim platform
                    The Cost of the Tabs, Actuators, and Wiring Harness is in the ballpark of $3K. As for a Swim plateform they can be ordered through a dealer, however would be a HE!! of a lot cheaper to get abig sheet of HDPE .75" and cut your own . Call Seadek, GatorStep, whatever company you prefer and have them custom cut a pad for it. All of that is cheaper than buying a new Tige Swimstep.
                    My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

Thanks for the help guys.

Comment

I have a swim platform (black) off a 2013 Z1 that could be had for far less than what the dealer would charge. It is basically new.

I would not hesitate for a second to buy a 2015. Add a suck gate to the side and for $50 you can surf with a TAPS3 boat. It's not quite as elegant, but with the extra money you can buy yourself a Rolex and feel all the elegance you would like.

Comment

Working...
                        X