New R21 Surf Setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New R21 Surf Setup

Hi everyone, fist time boat owner here. Enjoying our new R21 but can’t seem to be the surf wave good enough to give enough “push” to let go of the rope. A couple of questions:

1. I think we have the Active Touch Screen interface. When on the surf screen, what is the difference between “Auto Taps (1-8)”, and the surf number settings 1-15? Should both Auto Taps and surf be enabled at the same time?

2. Does Auto Taps adjust the middle plate, and surf numbers set the left and right plate? Is the lower the number mean a bigger wave, or higher number make a bigger wave? I’ve seen some comments on here that seem to be opposite of what the user manual states though the manual isn’t all that clear frankly.

3. Should ballast tanks go with the default setting? Mine come up at 100% in both rears, and 75% in both fronts. I know it depends on whose on the boat and water conditions. I have a family of 5 with 3 young boys. Should the fronts be that full?

I know I need to play around, but I’ve been out 4 times and still can’t seem to get a solid push wave.

Thanks.

The taps is the center plate and I am pretty sure that 8 means bigger wave and 1 is smaller. The surf settings are the left and right plates but I am not to sure what those numbers mean. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

negative.......

the center plate is a trim device only...... All the plates affect hull orientation.

The numbers merely mean 1-fully deployed/ 8-fully retracted.
      Germaine Marine
      "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Fill the rears 100%

Fronts 20%

Taps 2 at 4

Taps 3 at 4

Speed at 11.0 mph
        Germaine Marine

Comment

Thanks. This is why I'm getting a bit confused. Which one is Taps 2 and Taps 3? For example, here's a screen pic that is what I have on my boat (that I took off the Tige Manual):
          Pic One.png
          Is Taps 2 the box in the upper right corner, and Taps 3 the number in the middle of the up and down arrows (showing 10)?

Comment

Originally posted by larkj21 View Post
            Thanks. This is why I'm getting a bit confused. Which one is Taps 2 and Taps 3? For example, here's a screen pic that is what I have on my boat (that I took off the Tige Manual):
            [ATTACH]46192[/ATTACH]
            Is Taps 2 the box in the upper right corner, and Taps 3 the number in the middle of the up and down arrows (showing 10)?
            You are correct

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by larkj21 View Post
              [ATTACH]46192[/ATTACH]
              Yes, you can change taps from auto to manual as well.

taps 2 (Small box on the right) affects the bow up running attitude. When in auto, the boat will auto trim based on speed.

Taps 3 (Big screen settings) are you surf plate adjustments.

Again for both, the bigger the number the more the plates are in the stowed position, the lower the number the more the plates are deployed.

The numbers do not directly correspond to wave size...
              Germaine Marine

Comment

Thanks everyone! I'll try the suggestions out.

Comment

Working...
                X