Mission Delta on R20?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mission Delta on R20?

Anyone try the Mission Delta on an R20? If you liked it, how much weight are you putting in the rear ballast lockers on each side?

I haven't used the Delta on a R20, but have been using it on our Z1 (2013). We have the large "L" shaped bags in each corner, only filling them flush with the bottom of the seats. We only fill to that level because we didn't have enough weight up front. We equally weight on both sides. The Delta has given us our best wave so far, but you need ballast up front. Love not having to list the boat. We just added 1000lbs of ballast in the front this week, which should allow us to max out the rear ballast and create a taller and longer wave. Won't drop into the water until June thou to test. Love the Delta, best wakesurf investment yet.....thinking about GSA but so happy with the Delta results, will probably put that off for a few years.

Comment

R20 surfing

I have a 15 R20 with the surf package...1600lbs total ballast. I made a surf gate similar to the Quick Shift Wake Shaper which allows you to change the angle of the faceplate. I can use it at an 80 degree or 50 degree angle. The 80 degree works best for us, and it works great. It really does clean up the surf side wake. We run both front ballast and rear port ballast 100%, rear starboard ballast approx 30 - 40%. TAPS2 at 3.

We have since increased the rear port bag to 1000lb bag instead of the 600lb from factory. All above settings are the same including TAPS.
      The upgraded ballast has worked out great!!! Thanks FORTES INBOARD CONNECTION !!!!

We are both barely a year into surfing and it is super easy to get up, and easy to stay in the pocket without the rope.
      Decent wave height and length from this excellent little 20' TIGE.

Comment

2015 Tige R20 with 1600lb surf ballast...
        https://youtu.be/MhYp5XLGRXE

Comment

Working...
        X