Youth surf boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Youth surf boards

Asking this question I'm sure is like asking people for their favorite salad dressing, but anyone recommend/have good boards for the kids. Have a 12 y/o girl-80lbs and 10 yr old boy 60lbs. Looking for relatively inexpensive beginner boards(s).

The Victoria skin boards seem to be decent and they come in small sizes. With these boards it gives them lots to grow and learn on, most of the kids boards seem to be very much a beginner style.

Comment

I don't have kids, but that being said we've sold a lot of the Ronix Super Sonic Space Odyssey for the kiddos and have positive reviews from customers. Also comes with a sticker pack that you can put on the board or elsewhere that are fun little challenges/milestones for the kids to check off the list IE, deep water start, letting go of the rope, hang ten etc. Kind of cheesy but the kids get super into it.

Comment

I have a small Bean from Lakewakes. Kids and smaller women ride the crap out of it.
        Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like bananas!

Comment

Another vote for Victoria wake. I liked the "debut".
          I bought it for my girlfriend and she love it. My little neighbour like it too, he is 14 and has started last summer.
          Small board, simple and easy to ride.
          I started surfing with a skim and I think it's a little more easier to begin with a skim.
          Now I'm more surfstyle but skim board are very good for learning and gaining experience.
          2 other positive points is they're at decent price and fully made of wood. They are unbreakable. Most boards are very fragile especially for kids!
          For a kid/beginner board I think this is 2 huge positive haha.

Comment

^^Debut Grom taught my son. Not too floaty, easy to flip up on starts. $175

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like bananas!

Comment

My kids love the Ronix Super Sonic Space Odyssey. They are 8 and 10. It may be a too small for your 12 year old though, so the victoria debut might be a better fit. My kids learned on a custom Walker project skim style board but it was a little too wide for them, they had a hard time controlling the board from a deep water start.

Comment

My kids love the Phase 5 Scamp, up to 130lbs. Kids 10 and 8, wife uses it too as does most of the women that we go with that try surfing for the first time. Easy to pop up. It's a bit more in price but the resale of the Scamp seems to hold their value. We have not tried other board but have no complaints with this one.

Comment

Working...
                X