R20/RZR surf wake with taps 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R20/RZR surf wake with taps 3

As I said above, has anyone actually surfed one of these boats with taps 3? I haven't found anything online and looking into adding it. If you guys could share some experiences or pictures riding with and without that would be great.

It looks like 2016 was the 1st year for Taps 3. There's few new videos for the latest models and options, which is frustrating. Seems like most of the videos and evaluations available are for the 2013 or 14 models, which only have the Taps system (1 trim plate).
    While I don't already own a Tige, I'm aspiring to.

Comment

Wife and I surfed an RZR at the photoshoot this summer and absolutely loved it (We have an RZX3). Its just such a nimble boat, easy to get a solid wave out of and perfect for the family. Feel free to ask away and ill answer what I can.

IMG_6438.jpg
      -Brandon Lucas
      Houston, Tx

Comment

I had try the 2016 RZR when it comes out and I bought it haha. Really Loved this boat and the taps3. I don't have any pictures and I'm septical that you can add the real taps3 to an older boat.. but if it's possible great!
        Nevers tried a Tigé without taps3 or AVX instead.
        Taps3 works really great, it's perfect when you just want fun and you have many people on different sides.
        But still AVX push a better wave.. both have their pos and cons
        Taps3 is faster, easier and more convenient for family
        AVX take a little bit more time to set, you can't switch the wave side with button but correctly set it push the better wave on the market.
        I've changed it just because the RZR is kind of a narrow boat. It's a really great 20footer. But I bought it because my storage couldn't store more than a 20foot. Now I have a bigger garage so I opted for a Z1 but still taps3. Loved the advantage and I love to switch wave to wave haha.. it opens a new kind of tricks.
        If I had few years younger I would bought an AVX because I was really focused on the surf. Now I'm more "having fun" with my wife, kid and couple friends. It's more simple and it makes the job well
        Last edited by Mike88; 04-10-2017, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback you guys. That picture above looks like a pretty decent wave on the goofy side.
          Mike 88, I totally agree, it's a small boat, but after 300 hours we love it. Once we get the shop built hopefully this summer a bigger boat might be an idea. Regarding taps 3, Germaine marine will sell me a complete kit to install.

Keep the pictures coming!

Comment

Originally posted by bsreid View Post
            Thanks for the feedback you guys. That picture above looks like a pretty decent wave on the goofy side.
            Mike 88, I totally agree, it's a small boat, but after 300 hours we love it. Once we get the shop built hopefully this summer a bigger boat might be an idea. Regarding taps 3, Germaine marine will sell me a complete kit to install.

Keep the pictures coming!
            Yeah I'm totally sure you love it ! And pretty damn sure you never gonna regret upgrading with taps3 .
            The rzr was the boat that make me fell in love with Tigé haha. And going to stay with Tigé a long time.
            If you don't feel like you need more space why change!

Comment

Another question. For those who have installed a taps 3 system or any kind of surf system. What was the install like? I've read that the platform needs reinforcing and a few other things. Going to call up my local inboard dealer (Malibu) and see if they think they can do it. I just want someone confident, so it's done correctly.

For the BC guys, if I'm going to take it to Vancouver would you recommend extreme boat sports over the new tige?

Comment

Working...
              X