Go Surf Assist Review (Finally)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thegerman618 View Post
    I did do an install thread and not sure if the forum updated or what but the thread was deleted. I can post some install pics, I will get some up for you.
    I think this is the install thread:
    http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...tem&highlight=

Comment

You tha man coop, thank you!!
      My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

Skip my request for more information on the other thread. I should have known better that you would nerd out and write up a dissertation on the subject.

Here is some info that played out in my boat. For the first several months, I slammed the rear with huge weight, and ran no bow weight. I was delighted, as were all of my buddies to include my RZX owning buddy. Then, the weight became enough of an issue that I would struggle to plane due to off the charts rear weight bias. It was then that Ryan opened my eyes with bow weight. Like, a lot. 1000# or more. The wave looks similar, a little longer and is MARKEDLY more powerful and firm. Slightly less appealing aesthetically, but practically superior in a big way.

Also, in order to get the absolute best wave on each side, fill evenly, slam the crap out of it, come up to speed, then turn on the opposite side drain pump. Watch the wave as you let the pump run. After a little bit, you will see the froth simmer down once the weight differential is a few hundred lbs. --I predict anyway-- Then reach down and shut the pump off. I don't even care how much is drained, I just confirm visually.

If youre not doing transfers, set up this way. If you wanna transfer, then of course weight evenly, accept a little froth, and transfer your face off. My recommendation, anyway. Either way, the max differential you will run is few hundred pounds anyway, so switching is no big deal from a time standpoint.

This is how my F24 likes to live life. Maybe some of what I have gained in knowledge on this boat can transfer to your 24Ve. Long live the Ve!
        Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like bananas!

Comment

LOL I must have missed your request for info. and yes I did geek out there for a bit.

You know as well as I a do the 24Ve eats rear weight and takes a ton or literally over a ton of weight to make any difference to the wave. I will admit that I have the same the idea, no bow weight, even when listed surfing I was only running 250 up front and slamming the back corner and running just a bit of counter weight maybe 500lbs at most. I filled the Enzos and stacked the lead under the enzos and the swimstep was easy 10" under water. Brought the TAPS all the way up and I was way bow high until I dropped the GSA in the water. Those tabs are so big that it pushed the bow over to pretty much level. I have a loaner 1235 prop but haven't put it on yet, so I am gonna put that prop on and put some more weight in back and see what I get from there. I have a 1000 bow sac that I can throw up front but so far bow weight has not been needed. But as elevatedconcept keeps saying "no replacement for displacement" so gonna keep dumping weight in the boat. I will have to start dumping weight on the tab side to see if that helps, I just want to get away from the listed wave if possible. The tab going into the water already induces a decent list.
          My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

Working...
          X