Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Surfstyle fins position (advanced advise)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surfstyle fins position (advanced advise)

Hey guys. I was questioning myself earlier about my new board fins position.

I always had boards with no fins options so i never tried to setup different position!

I just received my soulcraft pro model with 4 slices.
    Personaly i put my two 4" fin on the external slices like on my picture

But what difference it will make specificly if i put them both in tje internal slices (the ones near the turtle)?

And if i put 2 1" fin in the leftover slices!?

I will try by myself next summer but if i can have a little idea it will be great !

Thanks
    Attached Files

Ok, were a Soulcraft Wakesurf School based in BC. I have the exact same board I ride personally.

This is a fast board down the line. It has a nice snappy carve and rides revert quite well. It releases nicely off the wake for air and rotates nicely for easy 360s.

If you leave the fins in the slots picture the board will be agile and quite snappy and loose.
    The rear fin holders are usually smaller and might not fit the larger fins..but if they do..DO NOT PUT THEM IN THE REAR SLOT. your board will handle like a longboard...just not fun to ride at all!
    If you place the fins additional fins in the back the board will have a feeling of being more locked in.

I don't know what your level of riding is but I would leave the fins in there as is and try it out.. If you feel the board is too loose then put the extra set of 1" fins in the back.

Personally I don't ride the white fins at all anymore. They are far too slow and lock your board in.

If you find yourself wanting to push the board more I would recommend a set of Futures fins Blackstixx f4. I ride those and love them!

have fun out there. We we just winterized until april

Comment

futures blackstixx ftw...

they woke up my soulcraft and made it superfast. lots of places to get online, but I bought mine thru Jeff.
      2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
      2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Chaos fins are top notch as well.

I ride his fins in my Soulcraft and Chaos board - agree with the comments above, good fins change the way the board rides...

Comment

Jameswalkerwakesurfing.com is coming out with a new wakesurf fin. I'd look into them as well. They are designed for wakesurfing whereas anything from futures are designed for ocean surfing.
          You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Nick from Chaos makes the best wakesurf specific fins--and his new Flare fin is the cats ***. I am telling you. Hit him up for some Chaos Flares. The change is unreal.
            Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like bananas!

Comment

Wow Thanks alot everybody! Especialy Greeko. Me too i've winterize mine last week and received my board tuesday haha.. crap. But its exactly this answer i expected. My skills are pretty advanced i think haha. I'll make 360's easily but i have my skim for that. I bought my soulcraft because i liked more surfstyle with years, want to improve my air skills! My old ronix koal fish was great, made good air but i wasnt capable to make more than olies. Next summer im gonna focus on air 180 and maybe capable of switching waves with taps3! Gonna try the board first haha.. if i can get a lottle more Speed so olie a little more higher and its sure im gonna be capable of all that.
              Last edited by Mike88; 10-29-2016, 04:06 PM.

Comment

I ride tech flexs on my secret weapon. They are by far my favorite over the multiple blackstix that are out.
                Germaine Marine
                "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Most important thing to consider here is the two sets of boxes are different, as others have indicated. Yes, your lead fins (generally the largest fins) will need to go in the most forward boxes. These 3/4" base fins will not fit in the rear boxes. The rear boxes will only fit fins with smaller 1/2" futures style bases.

Your basic choices are a twin (two lead fins) or a quad (lead fins and trailer rear fins/4 fins). A twin is looser feeling, but you will sacrifice drive depending on the fins you select. Using a quad may feel a little more locked in but it will also enable you to pump the tail harder to gain more speed for bigger airs.

You could also just ride two smaller fins in the rear boxes. This is not what this board and fin set up is designed for, but some like the looseness for surface maneuvers, particularly in parts of the world where they ride really small wakes. You see a lot of european riders take this approach.

The next consideration is updating to higher performance fins or fins specifically designed for wakesurfing. At this point you can also make some choices based on the riding style you prefer and your size. Fins are size specific. Larger riders generally need larger fins.

For wakesurfing, I have designed and manufactured a number of fins, many of which are so popular they are copied by other manufactures. Nevertheless, the Chaos Vectored wakesurf fin and shark fin rears have set the standard for wakesurf fins. These are a great versatile fin, that will wake up any board. Whether you like a twin, twinzer, thruster, quad or sixer we have you covered. The vectored flare fins are quickly becoming favorites, especially amongst those looking to gain more speed out of their board. These are available in two sizes. The original Flare large and the new Flare medium.

Nick

Comment

Working...
                  X