RZR/R20 Suck Gate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RZR/R20 Suck Gate?

Have done all the reading and I have not seen too many positive results on the RZR/R20 hull due to the curved hull shape making attachment of a suck gate a little difficult. Anyone out there in Tige Land had success with a home made gate on an RZR/R20 hull? If so I would greatly appreciate any pics and advice that might be around as I am dead keen to get as close to evenly weighted as I can (read my wife surfs goofy and I surf regular and happy wife happy life). Thanks all.

I have a homemade suc gate on a r20, world of difference. It is a little tricky to find the right spot that it will stick and not fall off, but it is possible. I don't have any pics of where it attaches, but may have some of the wave.

Comment

Originally posted by Casual152 View Post
      I have a homemade suc gate on a r20, world of difference. It is a little tricky to find the right spot that it will stick and not fall off, but it is possible. I don't have any pics of where it attaches, but may have some of the wave.
      Thanks I would be keen to see the wave and for any typed info you can give me. Do you attach it on the flat part right at the bottom of the hull? Are your suction caps on the bow side of the plate or the stern side? Thanks again DC

Comment

Yes, use the bob v5 gate from master craft forum here. We attach as low and as far back as possible, it fits right in there at the bottom of the side. We have some trouble getting to stick on port side only.

Changes the wave entirely. Makes it longer and significantly less steep. Just entirely different to ride.

Also the taps has less variation.

Finally, we still tend to list slightly to the surf side for cleanest wave. With no list there's a bubble line in wave from the step in the hull otherwise.

Comment

I made one and ran all summer until I got a taps 3 retrofit. I can dig up pics but I built my own to fit my RZR with spacers. I still have it actually. Can sell it if you want. Worked great all summer, never fell off when put on right. 95% of what taps 3 does. My buddy has a Delta I tried and this worked better since it fit all the way down low and far back.

Comment

Thanks all I will try and make a bob. MSSCH I would love to buy yours except I am in Australia and the postage would be a killer

Comment

Where in Aus are you located DCR20?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mschmidt33 View Post
                I made one and ran all summer until I got a taps 3 retrofit. I can dig up pics but I built my own to fit my RZR with spacers. I still have it actually. Can sell it if you want. Worked great all summer, never fell off when put on right. 95% of what taps 3 does. My buddy has a Delta I tried and this worked better since it fit all the way down low and far back.
                How does the TAPS3 compare to the suck gate? I've been tempted to automated a system on my boat, but the suck gate is just sooo good.

Comment

Originally posted by g-mantrix View Post
                  Where in Aus are you located DCR20?

Sunny Brisbane!

Comment

Rainy Melbourne here, but our lakes are 100% and overflowing
                    Enjoy the sun

Comment

All the rivers that run into the Murray river including the Murray are overflowing and flooding. We have too much water.
                      Every Day POETS day - Piss Off Early, Today we Ski

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnieMo View Post
                        How does the TAPS3 compare to the suck gate? I've been tempted to automated a system on my boat, but the suck gate is just sooo good.
                        Taps 3 is maybe only 10% better. It is nice to tweak the plate on the fly if people move around. I don't need to list at ALL now. 100% all around. With my version 5 suck gate I still had to list slightly with 80% non surf side rear. We switch sides so often it made sense for me. We also surf a ton. Might hit 200 hours this year.

Comment

Working...
                        X