New board suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New board suggestions

I have been surfing for 2 summers now and I'm ready for a "custom" board. I'm 6'1" 220lbs and currently ride a Ronix koal 4'6" and I can tell the board is holding me back now. I was really looking into a Doomswell but after getting no response from my emails I'm now looking at Soulcraft. I would like to hear any reviews or suggestions of boards please. This is a larger price tag so I want to get it right. Unfortunately there aren't any dealers around to demo any of these.

call Brock at doomswell. They are super responsive, I find it hard to believe they would ignore an email, unless something happened. Seriously just call them. They make awesome boards for the money.

Comment

I just talked to Brock and he apologizes for missing it. Said to please give him a call.

Comment

I can't say enough good things about Doomswell. I have a 4'6" Nubstep and absolutely love the board. Their customer service is awesome and Brock Dumoit is killer to deal with. He walked me through each of the boards and helped me pick one based on my style. Maybe they are having issues with the e-mail. Just call Brock direct 409-692-6363. If he doesn't answer leave a message or text him. I've had him return calls and texts after hours numerous time. I'd hate to have you miss out on an awesome board due to a potential technical difficulty. Good luck.

Comment

^^ I have to echo these guys. Super nice guy, good family man! He may be crazy busy, but I wouldn't think he would intentionally not respond...

Comment

Jeff at Soulcraft also builds really nice boards. Doomswell builds a great board too!

Comment

Soulcraft has been incredible....
              Germaine Marine
              "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

soulcraft all the way.
                Jeff does some great work and, owning 2 of his boards, love them...
                2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
                2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

We also have 2 Soulcraft boards and Jeff is great to work with. He makes great boards! Sometimes can be hard to get a hold of but he will get back to you.
                  We have the HC Pro for the adults and the Emily for my wife and our older 2 kids. After receiving them our surfing has never been the same. The boards are FAST.
                  Another board we love is our Lakewakes 51" Skimboard. This is an easy board for all age beginners to get up on and everyone to use.
                  Our 2 youngest (under 8) still use a Ronix Super Sonic.
                  Capture.JPG
                  Last edited by Sayonara; 08-24-2016, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Thank you for everyone's input. I'll need to think about the soulcraft or Doomswell. Im just not sure how to decide. I will keep researching and checking reviews.

Comment

I'm 6' 225lbs and I'm riding a Soulcraft 4'10" Blunt nose Honu and I'm loving it. I know others now recommend the JS Pro as well. Never been on or seen a Doomswell in real life but both companies seem to have a great following so I'm sure you won't be disappointed in either.

Comment

Another one to throw in the mix is Chaos. I'm pretty close to your size and just picked up a 4'8" Chaos Custom Sixer.

20160804_095408_resized.jpg

20160804_095421_resized.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by skippabcool View Post
                          Another one to throw in the mix is Chaos. I'm pretty close to your size and just picked up a 4'8" Chaos Custom Sixer.

[ATTACH]44099[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]44100[/ATTACH]
                          That's a cool color!

Comment

I ride CAP custom boards, one on the right is a 4'6 and the one on the left (which is for sale) is a 4'10.

I'm about 5'10 and 170# and the 4'6 is great, my buddy who is 6'2 220# is way too big for the 4'6, he rides the 4'10.

Comment

Who is CAP? Never heard of them and can't seem to find them on the interwebs.
                              You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Working...
                              X