Prop or something else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prop or something else?

To whom may have a minute to help me... Just bought my 00 21v love the boat... But I am having a hard time with hole shot; and goofy side wave is not clean at all... Regular side wave is humungous/Clean, and works great for me... I just bought a mission delta as well and it made it even longer, and firmer. I am 6'4 255lbs, so inherently I need a monster to push me which it does...
    I weight the boat evenly 2-750s in the back lockers and a 6 hundy up front and that makes it so people can sit where they want....either way I do it delta or listed to the goofy side it's just won't clean up???? Any suggestions Prop maybe??? If so which prop? Walter blue v-drive is what's in it I think... Thank you in advance sorry for the novel...

Respectfully,
    Main man Ray

Ray,

Whats your normal lake's elevation?
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

1300ft elevation...

Respectfully,
      Main man Ray

Comment

I'm not sure what prop I have so I can't help you there. What I can tell you is my experience is been similar for the goofy side wave. I run about 750 in the starboard locker. I do not run any weight up front. I have everyone sit in the goofy corner and to clean up the wave I move people up as needed. This is at 10.5 mph and taps at 6. Usually I have my son and one other kid up front. 200-225 lbs....that is it.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks a lot jimi demo... My prop is a stainless OJ lots of top end... it get les up around 50 mph which I rarely do only when my buddy wants to get spanked in his sanger v215 lol... I really don't care about top end more concerned with the wave... If a prop will change the wave I'm for it... The regular side wave is money even without the mission delta, but when you add the delta it's a whole new wave... The pocket is much longer and the entire wave is firmer which allows me to carve in a generate some momentum... Overall very happy with regular side just not the goofy side...

Comment

I am not getting anywhere near 50 mph. I don't go WOT very often, however I believe I would top at about 40 mph.

Comment

A prop upgrade, like the ACME 1433, will certainly help with hole shot, speed holding, etc. However, i would not set my clean wave expectation too high with a prop change. Unless youve got a beat to heck prop or a ton of slip and cavitation, cleaning up the wave will be the least noticeable improvement you see.

Not saying a prop upgrade wont help, just realize that what you are seeing is cause by prop rotation. All boats have a difference in wave/wake port to STBD, due to the prop rotation. In a lot of cases, your port side and STBD side weight setup will be slightly different, in order to adjust for the prop rotation.
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Yeah this prop cavitates a bit too you can hear it right when you take off... I think the guy before me knarfed it on something... Not bad just the tips have tiny edges on them... no vibration or anything like that... I took a file and cleaned it up, but I still think the pitch is too much for wake surfing... I will look into that 1433 acme as I think it will make all the difference... thanks a lot for all the responses...

Comment

My buddy has basically the same boat just an 01 and his goofy side is a bit washy as well initially we attributed to the FAE but after several adjustments its still pretty washy. He has a massive prop on his, would be surprised if you could fit a finger between the blade and the hull not sure the number but pretty sure its a 14" prop. It doesn't cavitate often but he only "list" surfs and will put a 1000 in the surf side and 650 in the bow and he has to go close to 14 mph. Taps is all the way down as well, I am 6' 4" 220 so I know your pain on building a wave that can move guys our size. The 21V will do it, even rode a wireless 360 out on one, but they take some playing with to dial in. good luck.
                  My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

My goofy side wave has the same issue. I used to list port side only, but now want both sides. I have the black v-drive, and now weight evenly with a wakeFx device and the wave is SICK on the regular side. Goofy not so much, same issue, can't get it to clean up. I rarely surf goofy side but I figured there must be a way to get it cleaned up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Do you guys have any pics of what your starboard wave is doing? I only ask because my buddy's 21v starboard wake just builds itself. That is to say we don't do anything besides slap the suckgate to the port side and off we go. No switching ballast or nothing. It's nicer than the port wake. We've done this the last three times out. 400lbs port locker, Sucgate low and back, two adults (female) behind driver, 4 small kids wherever. 10mph, 350mag, Walter Vdrive, Acme 537, FAE. It's extremely consistent and looks like this everytime. This pic is in an alkali lake so the wake is smaller than when in fresh water.
                      Attached Files
                      You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Working...
                      X