2010 RZ2 Surf setup help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2010 RZ2 Surf setup help

Hey guys does anyone out their have surf setup experience with the RZ2? I just bought a 2010 RZ2 from an original owner and he didn't help me much in understanding how to set up my surf wave and how to adjust it for what I want. The guy I bought it from installed a 1200 lb ballast fat sac in the port rear locker and a 750 lb in the starboard rear locker and theres a 400 lb fat sac in the bow. How should I fill them up to create a nice surf wave and should I mess with the taps system or just leave it at 1? Also what is a good speed to pull my surfers at?
    Thanks

I have a 13 RZ2 and run front ballast 100% rear port 100% (1100lbs) and 0% rear starboard. Taps anywhere 3-5 and speed starting at 12. I didn't get a big pocket until I went up to 12mph. The slower speed made a tall wave but short pocket. Water conditions and people weight will change the settings but the above is where I start.

Comment

You will get an amazing surf wake by evenly weighting that boat and installing a Ronix Wakeshaper or making your own (which I did). Listing the boat will make a decent wake, but you'll never look back if you take my advice. I have an 08 RZ2 and I run 800b in each locker and 400b in the bow. Your 10 has a smaller swim platform so it will make a cleaner wake than mine, you'll be very happy. If you are interested in a wake shaper I can have my friend make you one identical to mine. PM me. IMG_0256.jpg
      If I'm not surfing, I'm making money to surf.

Comment

Wagon,

You got one hell of a wave dialed in man. Nice job.

Comment

Thanks guys ill have to try out this weekend when i head out to the lake with my friends and see what happens

Comment

Originally posted by Wagonhound View Post
            You will get an amazing surf wake by evenly weighting that boat and installing a Ronix Wakeshaper or making your own (which I did). Listing the boat will make a decent wake, but you'll never look back if you take my advice. I have an 08 RZ2 and I run 800b in each locker and 400b in the bow. Your 10 has a smaller swim platform so it will make a cleaner wake than mine, you'll be very happy. If you are interested in a wake shaper I can have my friend make you one identical to mine. PM me.

Wagon,

That wave is SICK! Any pics of the DIY surfgate?

Comment

A friend made it in his glass shop, basically the exact dimensions of the Ronix, attached with industrial Velcro. It does sit below the hull and works excellent, but I'll probably get a shim so I can move it up another 4-5". We've tried it on my RZ2 and my friends Ve22. The biggest difference is in the transition of the wave. Everyone who has surfed it all say how much easier it was than before. The biggest thing I have noticed is how much more lateral movement you have toward the outside of the wave and how much further back you can surf, especially with a fast board. When picking up a rider it is best just to shut the throttle off let the wave pass and spin the boat back to the rider. It puts a lot of stress on the steering cables when you try turn the boat in the opposite (port) direction the wedge is placed on the boat (it creates a **** load of drag). If you turn it starboard it turns fine, but the vortex of the sharp turn always seems to suck it off the boat. If anyone is interested I'm sure he'd make you one.

IMG_0253.jpg
              Last edited by Wagonhound; 07-15-2016, 03:48 AM.

Comment

I actually do a little glass work myself, custom UTV roofs and speaker boxes. He did a great job with it! I need one this weekend so I'll be making one out of plastic cutting board for the time being and will glass over it next week.

Comment

Cutting board might be too heavy. This is 1.5" sheets of foam glassed over.

Comment

Wagon what ballasts are you running?

Comment

Working...
                    X