fresh air exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fresh air exhaust

Just installed new fae and could tell the boat did not have the same power . Also did not put flapper in but was told by the manufacturer this was normal?

So it's not just me. Noticed a slight drop in get-up-and-go., after I installed mine as well. I don't notice it when surfing, but when loaded down for wakeboarding it takes me a little while to get to wakeboard speed, but I also dont hammer the either when doing it. I also got a drop in top speed by about 3 mph, chalked it up to the drag the of the pipe. However I am running the flap.
    My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

I think the loss in top speed has to do with added back pressure of the exhaust gas also.
      Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

One or two big holes down to one small hole will build back pressure. Too much and you loose power.

Comment

Wait..... Everyone's been saying for years that FAE has no impact on performance.... Is this not true?

Sent from my BlackBerry Priv

Comment

It does build more back pressure at WOT.

http://www.freshairexhaust.com/about-us/performance-2/
            Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

I have heard with the muffler removed and replaced with straight pipe or exhaust hose, the back pressure is lower because that muffler is so restrictive. The nautique's with surf pipe do not have mufflers in them. The boats without mufflers are supposed to be quieter.

I have been wanting to remove my mufflers but its on my boat but I am not sure I will get to it this year.

You guys might find this video interesting, its a test on denting headers for clearance and how much it affects performance.

I am sure the pipe dragging in the water affects performance but I can't imagine its much compared to the 3k lbs of ballast I run when surfing. My RPM's surfing were affected more by what TAPS position I was running that FAE on or off. For me, I didn't see a big performance difference and the pro's out weight the cons.
              Mods: MLA BIG Ballast System (1800+ Custom sacs, 2 500 W705 sacs under bow), Duffy Surf Flap Mod, Trimmed Swim Deck, Top-Mount Starter

Comment

You guys might find this video interesting, its a test on denting headers for clearance and how much it affects performance.
                > 1% HP @ same RPM, and again, > 1% TQ @ same RPM
                Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I personally didn't notice any performance change after installing a FAE. Regardless, I would trade some top end/power for the FAE benefits; any day of the week! The number one benefit for me is the ability to hear the tower speakers when wakeboarding.

Comment

May be in your neighborhood this summer SATige....Maybe we can link up for surf session! Got beer, gas money, and boards.
                    My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by Thegerman618 View Post
                      May be in your neighborhood this summer SATige....Maybe we can link up for surf session! Got beer, gas money, and boards.
                      If your gonna be in West Texas, give me a heads up. I bet I can get you a pull...

Comment

Possibly headed to San Antonio for a few weeks for training. That would be sick jslayde1, I will keep in touch.

Comment

Originally posted by Thegerman618 View Post
                          Let me know when you're in town, maybe we can hook something up.

Comment

Sounds good man thanks. Sorry to hijack the thread[emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I honestly can't say if I experienced any power loss with mine. It's been on there so long I honestly don't recall. I'm on my third different prop now and my boat runs the exact top end I need and it's got more holeshot than it ever had when I first put my FAE on. As stated earlier, the benefits far outweigh any losses it may have induced.
                              You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Working...
                              X