360 Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

360 Help

I switched from a skin style board to a surf style board last year. I could land skim 360's 75% of the time. I have more fun riding the surf style board, but a landed 360 is a thing of the past.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Billy

Been Riding Surf Style since I learned(3 years ago for me) and just figured them out myself. I will start as far back in the pocket as possible and charge as hard as I can to the boat, as soon as I hit the apex of wave I reach in both hands into the wave to "scoop" push hard with my back foot to get the nose up the wave as you start to spin. Once the board breaks free and starts to spin its like doing a 360 on a skateboard push back and turn into the wave. Once I was on a board I felt comfortable riding is when I really pushed hard to figure it out, the hard part is staying in the pocket after the spin, that is why I charge the boat right before I spin to keep the speed. If it seems like the board wont spin its usually either your fin setup or push harder on the back foot to get the nose of the board up the face of the wave. KEEP AT!!!
    My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

What board are you riding?

Comment

I ride a Phase 5 AKU.

Comment

Working...
        X