Board HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Board HELP!

Looking to update my board, I have 2014 Ronix Koal Fish 5' 4" that I love. It was blast to learn on and finally go wireless, but I have since ridden many boards and I am ready to upgrade. I have one major drawback......ME I am 6' 4" 220lbs on most days, I need a board big enough for me, but still agile enough to spin and jump. I recently rode my buddies 2014 Ronix Parks Carbon Thruster 5' 1" and immediately fell in love to the point I nailed my first wireless 360 with it no problem. Now I cant find one at all I found a used 13' model but not sure how much the board has changed year to year and I am not a fan of used highly delicate items. I talked to a good friend that said the Liquid Force Fiver is there version of the thruster, or the happy pill was another good board by them. I have rode the IS Tako a few years ago at the reunion and was not a personal fan of the ride. I have ridden a few hyperlites and own one now (my girls board) its fun but its a 4' 2" skim style and I go wireless with it for a while but the second I do anything but cruise it just sinks on me. I have been allotted $500 plus shipping and need a board in the boat NLT Wednesday next week as we are headed to the lake for Labor Day. Open to suggestions.
    My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

DISREGARD ALL......Found the other thread. I am thinking I will go with the Fiver Custom 5' sounds to be the best fit for me since I cant seem to find 14' Carbon Thruster 5.1
    My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

Thats a complex set of requirements, the hardest one being the time constraint of next Wed.

Sounds like you want to stay on the surf side of things, but none of the manufacturers are what I would label as "real" surfboard makers. And most real makers don't have bigboy stuff just sitting around.

BUT, all that said, I would suggest you call Marc from Lakewakes and see what he has. He makes real boards by hand, and made me a Bigboy Flying Saucer Skimmer and holy Toledo it is a great board. Light, fast and a riot to ride. And I am slightly bigger than you--6'4" and 225#. Skimmer though.

He also makes a surf style called the Hooligan which I am sure is fun.

Everything is around $500 which is the best part and unheard of for hand made stuff.
      Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like bananas!

Comment

Get a hold of brock at Doomswell.com he will set you up with a board and can possibly get it out to you by Wednesday next week. Very friendly ppl at Doomswell surf. They make several models that you will love. They have a board called the El Jefe or such and its made for larger riders. Their smaller Neo, Drone, and Nubstep are awesome boards and will work just fine for you also. They all ride and spin easily.

Comment

Thanks for the info, I never considered having one made since I just so assumed it was out of my price and well outside my time frame. Looks like I will be calling doomswell or might pull the trigger on a new 15' carbon thruster haven't convinced my better half yet

Comment

Doomswell likely above your price range....but nice boards. Lakewakes is priced where you are saying your limit is.
            Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like bananas!

Comment

http://www.the-house.com/wklffiv4814...kesurfers.html think u can get a pass for overnight shipping!?

Comment

I'm about your weight but you are taller than I. Just recently got a Soulcraft 4'10" and the board is just awesome. The custom boards really aren't that much more than a mass produced like the Ronix, Hyperlite etc. type stuff.

Comment

Does anyone know if Mark (Lake Wakes) ever made boards for the guys that he promised in that weird Group Buy?

The thread is all its glory here:
                  http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...oard-group-buy

The way that group buy went down turned me off from looking at his boards but if he ever made it right and it wasn't about cancelling a group buy to make boards for the bu crew, I might change my mind.
                  Mods: MLA BIG Ballast System (1800+ Custom sacs, 2 500 W705 sacs under bow), Duffy Surf Flap Mod, Trimmed Swim Deck, Top-Mount Starter

Comment

Im a Doomswell customer for life. They make amazing stuff, and can cater to your needs. Give them a shout, at least......

Im 6'1" at 185lbs, and my 4'6" Neo is an amazing ride.
                    -Brandon Lucas
                    Houston, Tx

Comment

Working...
                    X