No announcement yet.

Best surf settings for the Z1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like you am a big guy. 6'4" and about 235. My boat is an 08 Z1. I removed the factory 250lb box ballast on my side (goofy) and replaced it with a custom sac from Chpthrl. It takes a LONG time to fill it up but when it's full it throws a huge wave. My settings are taps topped right out at 8 (took a while to figure that one out) and speed 11.6. All peeps on surf side. Here is a pic from last week of my big butt goofy side.

IMG_9639.jpg

Here is a pick of my boy on regular side with the factory 250 lb and peeps on his side and me on back corner of boat. Taps still at full 8 and speed is about 9.6. You can see wave is longer but not as high and cleaner on top. An additional side note is as soon as I start bringing my taps down, the top of my wave turns to foam. Not sure why. Anyone with ideas I'm all ears. Front bag is ALWAYS full no matter who is surfing.

IMG_9613.jpg
    2008 Tige Z1 Limited Ronix Edition
    360 hp, Fly High ballast, Alpine, JL Audio, Kicker, Wetsounds audio

Comment

Nice wave Jetter!
      "Failing to prepare is preparing to fail" John Wooden- Rest in Peace

Comment

I have a 2015 Z1 with the 2600lb ballast kit. I go 100% in both the front sacks plus the surf side sack in the back, then about 25% on the non-surf side rear sack. Depending on who is in the boat, I adjust accordingly and shoot for a 7% roll. Taps is 4-6 depending what the surfer wants to do, plus AVX is also adjusted for the surf wave desired. Huge wave, but as also mentioned in this thread the board also makes a huge difference. I'm 230lbs and can bounce around on the wave, but my wife (120lb) struggled on my board because it wasn't designed for someone that light and the nose kept diving in the water. We purchased a smaller board and her surfing has improved dramatically.

Comment

Working...
        X