Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surf Rope Attachments

Hello All,

I had noticed Wake9 had used some sort of rope extension system so they could hook up the wakesurf rope on the corners of the tower instead of the middle tow hook.

I was curious if any of you had used a similar system...or frankly where I can get this.

I am also finding my 25' wakesurf rope is too short for the Z3... anyone get longer ones?

Originally posted by Greeko View Post
    Hello All,

I had noticed Wake9 had used some sort of rope extension system so they could hook up the wakesurf rope on the corners of the tower instead of the middle tow hook.

I was curious if any of you had used a similar system...or frankly where I can get this.

I am also finding my 25' wakesurf rope is too short for the Z3... anyone get longer ones?
    http://store.wake9.com/nubbin

I don't use it. I just loop the rope through the tower for beginners on the top corner. For experienced surfers, we actually use the ski pylon vs tower.

Edit: if I used the corner tow position more I would like buy that one from Wake9
    Last edited by Stingreye; 05-08-2015, 03:16 PM. Reason: more info
    Mods: MLA BIG Ballast System (1800+ Custom sacs, 2 500 W705 sacs under bow), Duffy Surf Flap Mod, Trimmed Swim Deck, Top-Mount Starter

Comment

Hello All,

Can you elaborate on this? Are you doing tricks at the back of the wave while holding the rope, just trying to understand. I can see it being too short if you like to hold the rope while riding way back in the wave.
      2013 Z3 - Electric blue and black

Comment

Not sure how that rope is too short as mine is a 24' and we have a section off it to put us in the sweet spot. Or at least I think we bought a 24' rope as that seems to be standard. We hook to the tower on the middle light pylon. I think wake9 loops the rope around that corner eyelet type deal on the side of the towers. Most likely to keep rope from rubbing on bimini and I believe tige made that spot for towing also.

Comment

Originally posted by mnpracing View Post
          Can you elaborate on this? Are you doing tricks at the back of the wave while holding the rope, just trying to understand. I can see it being too short if you like to hold the rope while riding way back in the wave.
          Personally I am fine to use that short one...But for beginners who don't want to be right in the pocket right way, its helpful to have them start up a little back.

Comment

Personally I am fine to use that short one...But for beginners who don't want to be right in the pocket right way, its helpful to have them start up a little back.
            gotcha, makes sense.
            2013 Z3 - Electric blue and black

Comment

Originally posted by Stingreye View Post
              http://store.wake9.com/nubbin

I don't use it. I just loop the rope through the tower for beginners on the top corner. For experienced surfers, we actually use the ski pylon vs tower.

Edit: if I used the corner tow position more I would like buy that one from Wake9
              Thanks for the link. Thats what I was looking for!

Comment

Working...
              X