Surfing a 2000 22i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surfing a 2000 22i

Anybody have any luck surfing behind a 2000 22i? i'm new to surfing, but there just doesn't seem to be enough wake to be able to do it. the only way i can get close to letting go of the rope is with the board hovering over the swim platform.
    i'd like some advise on different speeds and taps settings. I'm also considering modifying, or designing and making a new trim tab, so if there's any ideas on that id love to hear them. ( i run a full machine shop, so i have access to any equipment needed to develop the tab)
    thanks for any advise.

well need more information as to your weight configuration and/or pics of the wave. If you are new to surfing...it also may be you don't know the tricks to getting ropeless the first time...

Comment

I am not sure how much variation there is between 2000 & 2008, but we surf our 2008 22i with the following:

540 pound bag in each rear locker
      540 pound bag surf side floor
      300-400 pound bag in middle front

Speed 10.5-11.5

TAPS 4-6

We are novice riders, but are able to surf without rope.

Comment

welcome to the site! You need to connect with a member NICKYPOO. He has your same boat and has it dialed in for surfing.
        http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...=nickypoo+surf
        Last edited by TeamAllen; 04-21-2015, 02:12 AM.
        Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Like TeamAllen said above - NickyPoo has a great modified 22i.

You can surf the 22i as is - our last boat was a 2000 22i. We surfed pretty good on it - it can make a very nice wave.

400 lb sumo sac - back locker
          950 lb sumo sac - back floor surf side
          250 lb - front

Comment

I think we over do it in our 97, but these are the sacs I have and use.
            1500 fat seat with 750 on the surf side and 400 in the front isle.

NICKYPOO is able to do it with much less weight than I am using.
            Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

tnx for the info guys! i'm currently running no weight at all. Sounds like i'm going to have to add some.
              hmmm... three hotties in the back seat all snuggled up surfside... no, that's only about 370lb.s and would totally screw up my concentration. guess i'll have to get some sacks.
              Last edited by skinut11; 04-21-2015, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Here is what I have done, I will apologize for the pictures now wind was 25 mph gusting almost 40 this day, so the wave doesn't look that good. Here is what I am running.

With the Vertical Tab (evenly weight the boat):
                1100 Rear Locker (or as full as I can make it)
                400 each side of the motor all the way back against the bench seat
                275 in the bow walk way
                400 bow surf side.

No Vertical Tab:
                1100 Rear Locker (or as full as you can get it)
                400 surf side next to the motor
                400 directly behind the motor in front of rear bench
                275 bow walk way
                400 bow surf side

Wave is about 12-15 Feet Long and maybe 1-2 Feet tall. Very Surfable with a bigger board. Good Luck.
                Surf tab.jpgSurf Wave.jpgSurf Wave 2.jpg
                My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

On or 2004 22I we ran 400 in the rear locker and 400 next to the motor on the surf side, 400 behind the motor and 800 up front.

Comment

Im running 200 under the rear seat, 300 in the rear locker shifted over to surf side, 300 in floor surf side. Driver, 1 person on observer seat and 2 on the back seat in the corner.

photo.jpg

I also have made a little wake plate, that adds a little more push to it.

photo 6.jpg

Comment

Working...
                    X