New Board - TWP Super Bomb Pop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Board - TWP Super Bomb Pop

My new ride arrived this afternoon...just in time to winterize the boat! Looks like I will get to ride it this weekend and then from here on out, it will be pretty tough to do in Colorado.
    The Walker Project - 4'9" Super Bomb Pop
    Carbon deck and bottom
    Futures Black Stix
    Chaos quad rears
    I painted the twinzer fins red (I have another set of white ones if for some reason the paint messes them up)
    Agenda traction (not on yet)
    Tige stickers (not on yet)

I am planning on going with the Chaos vectored foil and twinzer fins in the spring, just did the quad rear's for now since I am only riding it one time.

10689806_10204250499015464_1901494194111100177_n.jpg

1897856_10204250498615454_503977989392760701_n.jpg

10610504_10204250499375473_8816108980704990821_n.jpg

1959989_10204250498335447_7577002332198149075_n.jpg

Timmy....I think ya need more fins

Comment

LOL! Yeah, I have no idea what I will run in the end, I just put them all in for the heck of it.

Comment

Killer looking board. Are those twinzer fins further forward than normal or is that an optical illusion? Can't wait to hear what you think of that board.
        Mods: MLA BIG Ballast System (1800+ Custom sacs, 2 500 W705 sacs under bow), Duffy Surf Flap Mod, Trimmed Swim Deck, Top-Mount Starter

Comment

I'm not sure if they are or not. I just set them in there, I ran them all of the way at the front of the box on my regular Bomb Pop. I could tell a difference if they were at the back, the board was not as responsive.

Comment

Sweet board. Good riding to you!!

Comment

Stingreye,

If you look at the flat picture you will see the screw holes for both the C5 box and the F-box line up more or less. That is about as far back as you want or will see this type of C5 box. The results in what is termed a 'tight cluster'. In general a tight cluster of fins is looser than a spread cluster, in that it reduces fin area over all.
              C5 fins are placed in numerous location with respect to the lead fins, but traditionally a little further up than has become the norm for many wakesurf manufactures. Boxes/fins placed a little further up, generally result in more water being directed towards the lead fins, and therefore theoretically faster.

Nick

Comment

So Tim how was the ride?

Comment

The board worked well. Several of the things that I thought could be better on the regular Bomb Pop are fixed with the Super Bomb Pop, the first was the pumping ability. I started with a quad setup and the board pumps a LOT easier than the BP. I then put in the twinzer fins and noticed zero difference in the board.

Next was the carving, the BP is good but the extra fins, the harder rails and the tail channeling really helped. You just start turning and it goes. My Snaps were a lot faster on this board, kind of amazing considering the extra fins, I thought that with the extra fins that it would be harder to snap but it wasn't.

Speed - it feels faster than the BP but I am not sure because I think I had the traction too far back so I need to readjust and for some reason my brain is programmed that I have to have my foot all of the way at the back of the traction to ride.

Bottom turns are quite a bit easier due to the tracking/turning ability.

Airs - I am not sure on this one. It had been 2 months since I wakesurfed and I know that at the start of the season, it takes me 2 to 3 times out to really get those going and I was getting all of the fins out but they weren't as big as I had hoped. We will have to wait and see next season as to if this board is easier to air or not.

All in all, definitely an upgrade from the regular Bomb Pop that I had.

I am hoping to take it out one more time on Nov 22 at the Tommy's Coldwater Classic behind a Malibu with Surfgate.

Comment

Cool man, may you can hit up Bob C and the Boyd crew for a pull on his new Z3....AVX and all...His wave is supposed to be amazing tune up before the Tommy Classic!

Comment

Working...
                    X