Wakesurf board Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wakesurf board Recommendations

So i just got a new RZ2, i currently own a Custom Lake Wakes 55" board that i bought when i had my old boat about 3 years ago, i finally got to use it (sold the boat after i got the board) it is great, however i know a lot of things have changed in the past few years, it is a dual fin set up surf board. I'm interested in getting a couple other boards, i am thinking of getting a skim just to have and try out and want another surf board option. I'm 5'9 and about 160, what else would you guys recommend to try out, the budget isn't really an issue.

I'm not an amazing boarder, just starting back out and want some other things to play around on.

Thanks!

I like the hyperlite shim in the 4'7" and the liquid force doum 4'6" are excellent skim boards at an affordable price point. both are easy to ride and very maneuverable. Otherwise the Ronix parks carbon thruster is a nice all around board as long as you get the smaller ones. I prefer the hyperlite over all the boards I own and I'm around your size. I haven't gotten into the custom surfboard world yet as I love having several different boards in the quiver and keeping em a little cheaper allows this. I had a $400 board stolen this past summer while in my surf bimini at LOTO while eating a quick lunch at a lakefront restaurant so another reason I don't like to have pricey boards on my boat. I keep the expensive skis in the locker for this reason!

Comment

that sucks! That goes against all boating rules!

Comment

Skim, I really like my Phase 5 Daniello Diamond but I haven't ridden too many skims. On the budget side, my buddy has a Triple X skim that rides really nice too!

Surf style.... Man my tastes have changed a lot. I really felt home on quad fin, locked in boards. Now, I really love my TWP Bomb Pop. It took a while to adjust to it and like it but now I ride it 90% of the time.

You are local to some great custom surfboard manufacturers, Walker Project, Soul Craft, and your buddies over at Ever Carve

You can also check with Chaos (Shred Stixx) and see if any of the local shops demo any of his stuff.

I met Jeff from Soul Craft at Polar Bear last year and I understand the cult following. He and his wife were really nice and the boards are very popular. Drop him a line, maybe you can demo some of their boards (or Walker Project).

For custom boards..... order now if you want them by NEXT SPRING.
        Mods: MLA BIG Ballast System (1800+ Custom sacs, 2 500 W705 sacs under bow), Duffy Surf Flap Mod, Trimmed Swim Deck, Top-Mount Starter

Comment

Working...
        X