Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

another board question (ronix koal or phase 5 aku)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another board question (ronix koal or phase 5 aku)

Hey guys been lurking around here along time, my friend has an 06 wakesetter diamond hull.

Ballast wise: rear mls, center mls full

rear corner 900 sumo full, under port seat about a 350 sac, on seat about 200-300lbs

bow underseat arrow sack full till cushions starting popping up.

no wedge (makes it worse)

We were surfing around the 9.8 mark then I asked him to speed up and liked 10.2 much more, more room(longer wave) and wave was firmer. We started out with cwb something beginner board outgrew quick, then we have been on a 4'7" skurfer skim style, way more fun lots of work.

I still don't feel this would be the board I would buy if i were purchasing which is what I would like to do, I really like the look and shape of the phase 5 aku, and was at the shop looking at the ronix koal powertail. Anybody give me some insight as to what is better, provide more push, speed, still would like to try a spin(keep losing wave with other boards)etc. Big dollar purchases and want to do it right.

thanks everyone

oh yeah 5'10, 190lbs, ill be about the biggest guy riding, was told the koal in the 4'5" version? thoughts

anyone.... or is the aku to new
    thanks

Comment

Cant help with either of those boards but we have the Hyperlite shim in a 4'7" and most riders new or not love it and they can be picked up anywhere from 300-450. Also like our Ronix parks carbon thruster 5'1" and many on here do also. Shop around for blemish ones and can be had for 350-700 range. Great all around board. The liquid force doum is a terrific board also but is going to be a little bit loose for most riders as its a single fin board.
      Many on here like the phase 5 boards so do a search and will see their reviews on them.

Comment

thank you, yeah I have heard and read good things about the parks carbon thruster, I have been riding 2 skim style boards with small single fins and like the feel which really confuses me as to what I would like. I ocean surf a longboard, so I like a surf feel but these boards were fun too but felt the push from the board wasn't enough. pro shop recommended the koal powertail, seems the aku is to new yet for many reviews. Will have to keep reading thanks

Comment

Working...
        X