X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beginner / First Wakesurf Board

Would this be an ok first board ??

4' 8" an ok length ???

Would be for my family. Range in 80lb 10 yr old to a 200 lb adult.

Just looking for something to get started.

http://www.amazon.com/Obrien-Wakesur...ustomerReviews

Should be fine for what you want. I have a CWB Ride used for $100 + shipping if interested. It is 5'3" and very easy to ride for all ages and sizes.

Comment

Gibbs114,

Sent u a pm

Comment

I have that board and it is a skim board. I weigh 215 lbs and have not been able to surf without a rope for longer than 10 seconds. (I guess not surfing at all...lol) Its very "slippery" for beginers. My wife and son also have not been able to ride no rope. It is very easy to spin 180's and 360's on. I'd chose something else if I could do it all over.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback jimidemo

Comment

I'm looking at this one now.

Looks like it will accommodate up to 250 lbs and has fin options.

Thoughts for this as a good board ???

http://www.thecwbstore.com/products/...rf-Board-2013/

Comment

Always remember when surfing if you have a small wave get a big board and if you have a big wave small board. Hope this helps.

Comment

I've got a 2005 22v with factory ballast and experimented with making a surf wave yesterday. Looks doable. Excited to give it a try !

Comment

We started with a Ronix Cortez 5'4" and my wife who grew up on the water had trouble going with no rope. Our dealer pointed us towards the CWB Tsunami in a 4'8" & she was able to go without the rope within 10 seconds. My 10 year old son took half a day and he can slide of the platform without a rope now. Highly recommend this board.
                  Originally posted by TWOhunter View Post
                  I'm looking at this one now.

Looks like it will accommodate up to 250 lbs and has fin options.

Thoughts for this as a good board ???

http://www.thecwbstore.com/products/...rf-Board-2013/

Comment

This one ????

image.jpg

Thanks for the feedback montanafarmer

I'm leaning towards this one in the 57" model. I think it would work for my entire family... 10 yr old up to adults. Maybe they can get it to me before this weekend. I would really like to give it a go with the family this weekend.

Is $299 a reasonable price ???

Comment

Yes. That board. I think $299 is what we paid. I think it is a fair price. It works for everyone in my family but me. I'm bigger than the rated 240! I have a Walker Project Bazooka on order for myself.

Comment

I ordered the CWB Ride 63" this morning... Should be here by the weekend and we'll give it a go.....

Comment

That is great board for beginners.

Comment

Working...
                          X