No announcement yet.

Problems with Goofy Side Wake on RZ2 with Convex VX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cday76 your wave is disgusting!! Jezuz H. Makes we want to go out and buy an RZ2...like NOW!

Great vid...omg. That little kid can rip!

questions:

how long is your go pro extension? I saw it in the pic but the vid makes it look like it's 20 ft. off the boat

does your boat have the VX?
    Last edited by MooseX; 07-23-2014, 04:52 PM.
    my midlife crisis started at puberty and I plan on enjoying it all the way to the end..

Comment

Awesome stuff, cday. Thanks. Do you have the VX? I feel like I've tried a lot of this (more weight up front, 400# sac and/or people behind the driver's seat, etc.), but I'll do some more playing with weight and speeds when I'm out again next weekend. I'll be there with a lot of people and some extra sacs, so I should be able to throw some weight around pretty easily. I'll report back with some pics and maybe video.

Hey Coop,
      I don't have the VX and don't have much experience with the RZ2 and the VX either. Having people to move around will help you dial it in. I can say the goofy side did take a little while to dial in really good. Over half of my friends and my wife surf goofy. So getting a good goofy wave was crucial. Get pictures if you can and approx weight setup. If you find that you need more weight upfront with ballast I'll talk you through the process. The touch screen can be changed in the setup menu for dual ballast too.

Comment

Originally posted by MooseX View Post
        cday76 your wave is disgusting!! Jezuz H. Makes we want to go out and buy an RZ2...like NOW!

Great vid...omg. That little kid can rip!

questions:

how long is your go pro extension? I saw it in the pic but the vid makes it look like it's 20 ft. off the boat

does your boat have the VX?
        I don't have the VX, but I think it would help the wave greatly.

The go pro ext is 12'. I actually have it in a kit form that will be available in about 6 weeks. The website is curlview.com. The website is way out of date, but I should have it updated next week with pics of the camera mount.

image.jpg

Comment

is your wave as big as the video? OR is it just the angle (or lens) making it appear 4 or 5 ft.?

I also sent you a message..could you check you inbox?
          my midlife crisis started at puberty and I plan on enjoying it all the way to the end..

Comment

Working...
          X