Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

looking to upgrade from my 1996 pre2100 WT and want to wakesurf. 23v? 22v? 21v?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looking to upgrade from my 1996 pre2100 WT and want to wakesurf. 23v? 22v? 21v?

lets hear them, I am looking for some recommendations on a newer boat. its time for me to upgrade slightly and looking to get a good surf wake but cant afford over 30k and would really like to stay under 20k!

We picked up a 2002 21v with around 270 hrs in immaculate condition earlier this year for 24k. Has all manual fill sacs, however it does have perfect pass. Some people don't like the pre 2003 hull designs. I would argue that I love mine. The port side wake is excellent and I am working on dialing in the starboard side for surfing. The wake is all I will probably ever need for boarding. Worth checking out is all I'm saying.....

Comment

We absolutely love our 22v. The surf wave is great when setup right. If you look hard enough I would venture to say you could find a great V for 20k - 25k.

Comment

ok, so i have found a nice 2003 21i for a good price but the question is,,,,,,,,,,can i wakesurf behind a 2003 21i?

Comment

Absolutely!
          We have the same boat. With about 2000 lb of ballast (combo of people and sacs) we generate an incredible wake.
          Actually, this past weekend i demo'd a 2014 Malibu wake setter. W
          ith factory ballast/wedge/and surf gate it's wake was not as good as ours. Obviously it just needed a little more setting up but either way I was very happy with the way our boat stacked up to a new 100k+ unit!

Comment

We bought a 1999 2100V in great condition with 600 hours and it has been a great ~20k surf boat. It was professionally plumbed with internal auto ballasts and surfs really well on both sides.

Links to check out wakes:
            Starboard Wakesurfing
            Port Wakesurfing

You can def find a decent surf boat in your price range.

Comment

I don't think you can go wrong with any of those choices! I picked up a 23v this spring and it has been an awesome boat so far. I feel the surf wave is great bang for your buck. I can not speak to the wake for other water sports since I only surf You should be able to stay under 20K depending on the updates the boat has and those you want to add.

Comment

Picked up a 99 21v a couple seasons ago for a steal of 16k with 250 hours on it (no trailer unfortunately, but I live on a lake so it works out). I love the thing and it surfs great port side, never have tried starboard though. Wakeboard wake is solid too, I usually run with no ballast and it is super clean and fun. We weight it down occasionally and it only gets better. I am not a huge wakeboarder so take my opinion on the quality of the wake with a grain of salt. Very solid boats though - I have had to do minimal maintenance and tackle a couple minor projects, but hey, I can't complain with the price tag...! Take your time and search, you'll find a steal out there and be pleased. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                X