Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone tried the Byerly Buzz? Suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone tried the Byerly Buzz? Suggestions?

Has anyone ever tried the Byerly Buzz? https://www.byerlywakeboards.com/pro...p?id=gear-buzz I will have a chance to demo a few boards and this will be one of them.

I only surf occasionally so I don’t need a top of the line board. I was looking for something that is buoyant, fast, carries my weight (190) and is easy to ride. Also did not want to spend more than $400.00

Any suggestions? Thanks

My wife has a Phase 5 colt that she used very little. A lot of people that surf recreational like it. She is going to take over my Phase 5 Carbon X when i get a new Shred Stixx Chaos.
    I do all my own stunt work. hey ya'll watch dis.

Comment

Inland Surfer Tako. Meets all of your criteria and 399.00. We love this board - fast easy to ride for newbies but can be broke loose for 360's, shove its airs etc. I ride it and I am 6' 2" 190.

Comment

Buoyancy means nothing. Once a board is on plane, it's completely irrelevant. Since we don't have to catch waves, there's no point to it. My current board is just barely 1/2" thick and it's a rocket ship. Rocker, or lack thereof is far more important for speed. Speed equates to easy to ride, especially if you don't have the most dialed set up ever.

That Buzz actually looks dreadful. That impossible to know without having it in my hands and under my feet though. Domed deck? Yuk. EPS? Yuk. From the pics, those sure don't look like any Futures boxes I've seen. The one board I've always thought had a lot of promise is the Hazzard. Fairly flat rocker, hard rails tip to tail and full deck traction. I almost bought one.

If I had to go out and buy a new board today, I'd buy a Victoria. Simple, proven, reasonably priced.

Whatever happens, let us know what you think.
        Last edited by NICKYPOO; 07-01-2014, 10:11 PM.
        You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

My buddy who’s a service advisor at a local dealer brought out some demo boards to try last night. One was the Buzz and the other was the Hyperlite Shim 4’ 8” version. This was only the second time to surf my boat so Im still dialing it in but overall it was pushing good.

I tried out the Buzz yesterday and it had its pros and cons. I felt like I had to keep alot of forward weight and had to pump a lot to keep up with the wave, it was just too much work to surf. It did feel fast and responsive though. I think I may just be too big for this board. Cool looking board but didn’t fit me.

The next board I tried was the Hyperlite Shim. This board was really light, fast, responsive and easy to break loose for spins. I felt like this board was easy to ride and whenever I fell back in the pocket I was able to catch up quickly. Overall a good board but still felt a little small for me.

I’m still gonna demo some new boards so I will keep posting my results. For now I am using my buddies Phase 5 Oogle, a great board by the way. Heres a picture from yesterday.
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X