Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any vids of an RZ2 with the VX out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any vids of an RZ2 with the VX out there?

It's the 4th year with my 24V. Next year i'm gonna' upgrade. On the fence right now...same ol' Z3 or RZ2 question? I see 'Cummins wake and it's pretty damn good for a 22 ft. boat. Really damn good

..Then Ragboy's Z3 vids blow me away

Then I'm messing around looking at other brands. I see the G23..too much $$ + then i'd probably become a Nautique snob..that's not happening haha...seriously I'd buy real estate before I'd drop that kind of dinero

. AND now I found the latest Centurion ENZO 244sv with RAMFLOW (hehe love that name) and that CATS dealio movable directional. That wave looks FAT and sick.

I've always loved Centurions more than any other of the big 3. I was this close to buying an Enzo 23 before someone from Oregon beat me to a local ad...A week later I found the TIGE

It's the Centurions' deep V. Tahoe is ridiculously sweet when it's calm but like cape fear' nasty when the winds kick up. Alot of times we get caught across the lake and have to make upwind runs through pure hell. A deep V would make my day

Right now the Z3 is top of the list. I'm finding 70k deals all over the net.
    my midlife crisis started at puberty and I plan on enjoying it all the way to the end..

Go out and ride an enzo, the waves are so so much different. The wave will be longer, but will lack the power we have. I think the z3 is a better bet for long and powerful if you can afford it. The enzo will do great on your big lake. I have the same problem Giant lake, giant rollers. We get 4-6 waves on really nasty days.

The MB boats with added ballast looks to be a great wave as well. They offer some big motors as well. Here is a link to lots of info on new boats.

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=801024
    Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

For your application I'd go with the Z3 over the RZ2. I've had my boat out on CDA on a rough day and it does ok, I just have to keep the bow up and I can plow through some big rollers, but on those days I still think a traditional bow with a higher freeboard would do better, and that is the Z3.
      2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
      2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

yup gotta go surf an Enzo. I have a freind who used to surf with us that bought a '13 model 24.

Innovation. Well which works best? I know I'm not that impressed with Wakegate. Just my opinion but the wave looks small. Same with the Nautiques NSS. I def need to see more vids of each new thing to make a fair judgement.

I will say at first glance the VX makes total sense. Doesn't it literally make your boat 2 ft. longer? Isn't that what you want a BIGGER BOAT? If so that's a game changer. Cheating sort of for shorter boats. That's why I need to see more RZ2 vids. For one thing they're lighter than the Z3. Better gas mileage...? Less ballast to sink it..

Also when it's rough we can deal with it. Most of the time we're close enough to our mooring to avoid it. It sure would be nice to have that deep V though. When those red flags come up it's like rats running for high ground.

Question wouldn't a DEEP V displace more water that a shallow V or flat bottom boat? AND how does that deep V affect a wave?

Damn I can't believe it's my 4th summer with TIGE. Same with you Duffy' right?
        Last edited by MooseX; 04-24-2014, 06:42 PM.
        my midlife crisis started at puberty and I plan on enjoying it all the way to the end..

Comment

Here's mine with pro ballast 1400 Enzo's and vx.its sweet.
          surf till u die.

Comment

looks pretty good. how much are you bending the boat ie turning?

can you rotate picture ?

Comment

I can't figure out how to turn the picture but I can say for sure I'm not turning the boat at all the wave is awesome with my setup and I know ragboy has some videos someplace of the rz2 with vx on it.
              surf till u die.

Comment

well 18c that's a badass for sure

I've been watching wake9 vids all day...day off..he's amazing what he does for TIGE boat

I've only got a Verizon sat' internet connection so there's lots of buffering. Takes forever

Comment

As of now I'm leaning towards a Z3. Maybe next winter I'll find a low hours '12 for sub 70

I play the Mega Bucks machines in RENO once a week when I drive down on material runs. Typically the jackpot is over 10 mil. I hit a $1200 month ago...BUT if someday haha I hit the big one I'll be looking at an ARS with every GDamn option. AND a new matching hemi to drag it around..OR move to CABO and surf my life away OR both haha...dream on...
                  Last edited by MooseX; 04-25-2014, 03:45 AM.

Comment

You should just re-motor your 24v
                    Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

A smart would do just that

Comment

This video has several boats with the VX including the RZ2, and not a lot of weight, it was outstanding.

we are hoping soon to have some more time with an RZ2 with VX and with the same bags we put in the Z1. When I have that, I will share.

http://wake9.com/

Comment

This is the most recent video of our Z3/VX.

http://wake9.com/

Comment

LOOKING GOOD!

Comment

I say Captain...I say wot....I say Captain...I say wot. AWESOME VIDEO. Damn that' so cool Rag'

Comment

Working...
                              X