Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jake having fun last Sunday

With new Phase5 Prop skim board and carving nicely

Looks like a good board for your setup. Always fun to watch.
    Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Thats cool man. He's tear'n it up! We were thinking about trying that board...

Wave looks good, how do you have it set up?

Comment

Jake really really really likes this board and now rides fulltime on skim - surf has gone goodby for now. We have 07 22Ve and this is "light" family day w two adults in the boat and smaller friend sitting up front. We have a 250lb factory hard tank on starboard side, custom 1,000lb ballast bag in locker/seat on port side, extra 360lb bag on port seat with TAps at 5 going 11 mph. He'a a big kid around 150lbs.

Comment

Jbort, no weight up front other than the friend?

With our 22v I was planning on taking the hard tanks out to put in enzo bags for the rear lockers and the bow sac for the front - I was worried about not getting enough weight up front, but if your not running any that makes me feel a little better.

Comment

no weight up front and gonna play w that this weekend which might be our last unless we go get wetsuits. I'm told wave gets longer w weight up front but worried about push decrease as wave goes lower yet longer since we r kinda bigger folks that seek more push but that's why ya mess with. and the friend only weighed about 70 lbs too.

Comment

Originally posted by jslayde1 View Post
              Jbort, no weight up front other than the friend?

With our 22v I was planning on taking the hard tanks out to put in enzo bags for the rear lockers and the bow sac for the front - I was worried about not getting enough weight up front, but if your not running any that makes me feel a little better.
              The 22v and the Ve behave completely different with front weight. I will be on a 22v this weekend that cannot get enough weight up front and my 22ve doesn't like it unless you have a lot of weight in the back. I have custom sacs in my Ve but we don't fill the front unless we put another 400 to 600 pounds on the seats.

Comment

Originally posted by jbort View Post
                no weight up front and gonna play w that this weekend which might be our last unless we go get wetsuits. I'm told wave gets longer w weight up front but worried about push decrease as wave goes lower yet longer since we r kinda bigger folks that seek more push but that's why ya mess with. and the friend only weighed about 70 lbs too.
                It would be cool to get your feedback Jbort but I'm guessing if you run your custom sacs in the rear and fill the front you will notice the push go away. On my Ve the key to push is opposite side weight, 300 pounds is about right for my boat. We fill and then run while emptying till the wash cleans up.

Comment

Majestic-we'll give that a whirl too-had not heard that before. thx thx thx

Comment

I didn't know the v and ve were so different. How much do you normally see up front on the 22v for a good wake Majestic?

Comment

Working...
                    X