Phase 5 Danielo Carbon Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phase 5 Danielo Carbon Question

So fine people of TO, I have a foolish question. I bought a 2013 Danielo Pro Carbon assuming that I was still hovering around 195 lbs and the Large size is rated with a 200 lb maximum... Bought a scale tonight to confirm and it says 206! I am 5' 11".

Wave is a 2013 Z1 w Pro ballast. I am at the stage where I am trying to land a 360.

So my question... do I try to return it and get the bigger size? Or maybe quit w the pizza and beer for the sake of surfing?

You already have the board, get out on it. Truth be told, this sounds like a good motivator to drop a few of those pounds you didn't think you had. If you are like me, the time of year in MN when you really don't take care of yourself is around the corner, dare I speak it...WINTER!! I know I sit around a lot more and if I don't get on a work out routine I get on the boat the next spring heavier than the fall. Keep the board, ride it the few weeks we have left and think of it all winter.

I may just have to buy a smaller board to try and get to the recommended weight (after I find myself a good longboard that is)- wakesurfer weight loss program?
    "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

The DD carbon comes in 3 sizes, If you have the middle size I would think it's going to be to small for you. I had the same board and I am 195lbs. I had a hard time riding it behind my RZR but was better behind my Z3. If you could I would try get the 58" model and you should be good. Or just get the Fly Boy big boy, best board I have ever Ridden!

Comment

I ride my wife's 4'6" TWP F-18 and I am on the bleeding edge of weight limit (ok, a little over). I am sure a bigger board would be easier to ride but the small F-18 rides fine.

One tip is to move your back foot a little forward on the board. Speeds things up quite a bit. This tip revolutionized riding a small board.

Comment

If you don't think you are going to be able to ride it you could always just sell it to me!!!

Comment

No, don't ride it. Sell it to me.
            You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Thanks guys. I took it out today and it worked pretty well. Then I let my 10 year old ride it and I do not have a chance of taking it away from him! He loves it

Comment

Working...
              X