Looking for advice for landing the 360

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for advice for landing the 360

My son is getting pretty good at wakesurfing, but needs some help to land the 360. Here is a video of last weekend's attempts. Any suggestions / advice would be appreciated. He is riding a Victoria factor.

thanks

I can't see the video but I thought I would let you know that there is a great write up on flyboywakesurf.com. you might have to search their site for it. It was done early last week. Very detailed tips.

Comment

Don't crouch as much. Use your back hand to initate the turn. Rotate your head and shoulder in the direction of your rotation.
      I do all my own stunt work. hey ya'll watch dis.

Comment

I haven't ridden one out yet on my surf style board but I can tell from the video he's rushing the rotation and knocking himself off balance and catching his edge and then falling. Can be do a surface 360 on a snowboard? It's similar edge control to keep the leading edge out of the water so it doesn't catch. Try to watch some video of the skim pros doing it and you'll see they aren't rushing the rotation and they are leading the turn with their heads so they can spot the wave as they are coming around. And it also takes some time on the water. I only get out once during each weekend so it's taken me a while to get my 360 rotation consistent. I can spin and stand it up but I'm usually too far back in the wave to ride it out, so I need to increase the speed of my rotation.
        2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
        2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

I'll meet you at the lake and make sure he gets it done the benefit of driving surf clinics for the pros is all the free tips you pick up

Comment

Originally posted by majestic View Post
            I'll meet you at the lake and make sure he gets it done the benefit of driving surf clinics for the pros is all the free tips you pick up

Comment

Originally posted by robert theisen View Post
              Don't crouch as much. Use your back hand to initate the turn. Rotate your head and shoulder in the direction of your rotation.
              Thanks RT

Originally posted by Ewok View Post
              I haven't ridden one out yet on my surf style board but I can tell from the video he's rushing the rotation and knocking himself off balance and catching his edge and then falling. Can be do a surface 360 on a snowboard? It's similar edge control to keep the leading edge out of the water so it doesn't catch. Try to watch some video of the skim pros doing it and you'll see they aren't rushing the rotation and they are leading the turn with their heads so they can spot the wave as they are coming around. And it also takes some time on the water. I only get out once during each weekend so it's taken me a while to get my 360 rotation consistent. I can spin and stand it up but I'm usually too far back in the wave to ride it out, so I need to increase the speed of my rotation.
              Thanks for the tips - not sure I've ever seen his snowboard 360. The first KC-46a is being built in the factory in Everett. Congratulations on the new addition.

Originally posted by majestic View Post
              how's next weekend look? Dane's will pay his fist football game of the season on either Sat or Sun, so we will not know yet which day we can get out, but an outing with you is long overdue.

Comment

Adding to Ewok's excellent advice: Since you're getting blown back too far, try starting farther back and then move closer to the boat. Have some forward momentum going, then initiate the spin when you are pretty close to the swim platform. The force that is trying to move you rearward will then have to overcome your forward momentum AND start moving you rearward, all the while you'll be moving back into position after your 360.

Once I started doing this, I was able to get a 360 on a skim board. I'm definitely not consistent but it does work!

Comment

Working...
                X