Best Board For Heavy Riders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Board For Heavy Riders

Looking for some suggestions for a board for a heavier riders (260#'s). We have the 4'8 broadcast right now... I like the board and I've been able to ride it and manuever without saving myself with the rope too much, but cannot manage to stay in the pocket without it. Our lighter riders stay in the pocket just fine so it's a good board for them. I know I need to get something longer but what other specs should I be looking for? Should I go with a compressed construction or a foam base??

I ride behind my boat, 11 rzr and my buddys 09 mastercraft x2. Similar weight... tige surf system weight.

Thanks!

I use Walker Project Bazooka (2010) 5.1 and works nicely. I go 255-260 so bigger guy. Boards does real well but not cheap.

Comment

When I started surfing I was close to your weight. I have a 5'6" Broadcast. My buddy that is 150# made it look easy. I had to learn keep my toes close to the inside edge close to the wake and spread myself out. My kids said I looked like a gorilla. Once I did that I was able to work on standing taller and not having to focus quite so much on what I was doing. I have a Lakewakes board as well that is foam base and I think it is easier on the Broadcast to start and learn to stay in the pocket. Good luck to you.

Comment

Check out the Liquid Force Custom Quad in a 5'0". I don't normally recommend wakeboard company boards but this board is pretty good for big guys! My buddy is 250 and he couldn't believe how fast it was for him. Normally he can free ride for a few seconds on the CWB Ride but on this board, he stayed back there for as long as he wanted and even started doing tricks for once.

Comment

Inland Surfer Blue Lake or Red Woody
          2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
          2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

Thanks for the response guys! The Liquid Force Custom Quad is definitely better on the budget! Have you guys had any experience with the Inland Surfer Blue Lakes? I definitely want to get a board that will have the correct buoyancy for my weight but something I will be able to progress with as I get better. All of your suggestions seem like viable options.

Comment

I have the 2007, two fin version of the blue lake and it's my big boy learn to ride board. I also have a sweet spot pro. The blue lake is a good cruising board but it is a surf board and it turns like one. It's more buoyant and has more "float" compared to the Broadcast but I hear the Broadcast is easy to learn to get up on.

Try to find a used Blur lake and see if that is big enough for you. If not you'll have to move up to something bigger like the red woody or a bigger custom like a Bomb Pop.
              2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
              2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

I'm a fan of the inland surfer stuff as previously mentioned blue lake red woody. Or I would go with a sweet spot that's what I ride and iv had a few bigger guys ride it and it worked great for them as well I may have one for sale if ur interested in the sweet spot pm me
                surf till u die.

Comment

Working...
                X