Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice on Wave - Critique it!

Fellow Surfers...

I want the best surf wake possible with my boat...and would like your input on what I can do to make it better in your opinion. We are running a 2008 22Ve with the following set up:
    • Front: 450 lbs
    • Port: 900 lbs
    • SB: ~400-450lbs
    • Speedset: 10.8
    • Taps: 3-4
    • Crew is about 600-700lbs all on Port with me as driver (220 lbs)

Here are some recent pictures of the wave - the rider is 6' and 180 lb to help guage wave.

CIF - CWB - Aug 9 2013.jpgCIF 2 - CWB - Aug 9 2013.jpg

Thanks for your input.

Chris
    Last edited by c_hotshot; 08-15-2013, 02:10 PM.

Looks mighty fine to me. Can you drop the rope behind it? If so I would say you're doing great.

Comment

Wave looks good man. Have you tried speeding up just a bit? I know it is blasphemy around here to run above 10.8 but we usually run around 11.5-11.8 mph.

Comment

too slow speed up
        www.1320diesel.com Home of the Fastest Diesels!
        http://youtu.be/dEDdM0Y3IGs?hd=1

Comment

Thanks for the compliments - and advice - so far! Keep them coming!

We've played around with the speed a little - depending on the rider and what input they were giving me. We've been as fast as 11.8 and as slow as 10.2. wave seems to deminish too much at either end of the spectrum.

Matt - Riders have been able to drop the rope, but then they seem to get too far back and lose the push. Maybe its just a function of all of us learning more techiques to stay in the pocket.

Comment

Put another 400 lbs sac on surf side under bench as far backs as you can get. The wake will firm up more and have lots more push.

Speed is good. 10.8 to 11.2 is pretty much the norm. Taps is whatever cleans up the wake the best or shape the rider prefers.
            2016 Tige Z3, 2014 Tige Z3
            2013 Tige Z3, 2004 Tige 24V (Legen....dary)

Comment

on my 22Ve ive found that front weight is the key in both wakeboarding and surfing, if you manually fill bags i would add another bag on rider side front seat and fill heavy in the front. obviously keep you rear weight setup just simply add more to the front and that will lengthen the pocket and keep the push.

Comment

Working...
              X