Help with Surf Setup for 2002 2300V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Surf Setup for 2002 2300V

Hey everyone, my buddy and I have a 2002 2300V that we've added a 1000# ballast to the rear corner. It produces a pretty decent wave but it is VERY short and produces a short pocket. We would like to lengthen it out and would love some advice on how to do so. We've played with the taps and speed a little but that didn't change the length any. We usually keep the taps at 4 and speed at 18 mph on the digital readout although I'm almost positive that's not accurate. Either way, we've dialed in a pretty good wave that gives a lot of push but it's pocket isn't very long at all. Would adding more weight to the middle/front improve that? What should we do? Anyone know the optimal setup for this boat?

When we have passengers we try to load the guys up on the one back corner area and that's worked the best for giving us a bigger wave. Here are a couple of pics below of our wave. We were a little light on passengers this day and we can get a bigger wave with more people. Thanks for any help!

photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpg
    2002 Tige 2300V Limited

low, we have the same boat as you. I have an enzo sac that fills to about 1100lbs. We have been trying 400lbs up front and then another 400lbs on the rear seat. Speed up to around 11mph and taps around 2 to 3. This should lengthen your pocket. I have tried more weight up front but I start losing push. Good luck and let us know what you find.

Comment

We have the jumbo sac, but it gets around 1,000 lbs. What bag do you use for the front and the rear seat? Do you put the one in the front in the floorboard or inside the wakeside locker?

Originally posted by tigeidaho View Post
      low, we have the same boat as you. I have an enzo sac that fills to about 1100lbs. We have been trying 400lbs up front and then another 400lbs on the rear seat. Speed up to around 11mph and taps around 2 to 3. This should lengthen your pocket. I have tried more weight up front but I start losing push. Good luck and let us know what you find.

Comment

We have 4 of the older launchpad sacs. Around 350lbs if I remember right. We place one bag in the bow walkway and then one on the surfside seat. I want to try another one up front but need more people in the stern to counter. Also going to try partially filling opposite side sack a little and see what that does. I have found thay these boats take a crap load of weight.

Comment

Thanks tigeidaho, looks like we'll have to buy another sack for the front and see if that helps. Did you notice a BIG difference when you added the weight up front as far as lengthening the pocket? Also, do you think it would matter much to just add one sack in the walkway or do you think adding two sacks like you did would make the biggest difference?

Do you have any pictures of your wake?
          2002 Tige 2300V Limited

Comment

Sorry don't have any pics. I always forget to grab go pro on the way out. The front weight will depend on how much weight you have in the back. I would start with something around 400 and then add more based on how it goes. These older hulls don't do as well with equal weight up front. I would say you want at least 60% of your total weight in the back. We put 1200 up front and just the enzo sac in the back and the wave was beautiful but no push.

Comment

Working...
            X