Ronix - Duke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ronix - Duke

Does anyone have experience with this board?

I bought one and I have a hard time staying in the pocket...either I'm up on the swim platform (literally) or I'm washing out.

Stats:
    Me:
    • 5'10"
      220 lbs

2008 22Ve with the following set up:
    • Front: 450 lbs
      Port: 900 lbs
      SB: ~400-450lbs
      Speedset: 10.8
      Taps: 3-4
      Crew is about 600lbs on SB side with me as driver

Any thoughts or ideas on how to better weight the boat to help me stay in the pocket would be appreciated. Thanks!

No but I want one... I wanna try one out lol
    www.1320diesel.com Home of the Fastest Diesels!
    http://youtu.be/dEDdM0Y3IGs?hd=1

Comment

Iwndr on here has one.

Comment

he in CO ?

Comment

No, he's in Wind-Oming but he does come down here occasionally.

Comment

C-Hotshot have you ridden other boards?We need to know if you have something to compare it to.
            I do all my own stunt work. hey ya'll watch dis.

Comment

I wounder if he wants to come down for a ride

Comment

My brother just bought a Duke a couple of weeks ago to use with his new-to-him Mastercraft ProStar 205 (direct drive). He, my 11YO son, and I have all surfed on it. My observation is that the thing is absolutely huge (six feet one inch long!), very thick, and has a lot of mass. As a result it doesn't throw around very well. It does stay on his small DD wave better than our smaller boards, but I don't think it will be much fun on a more serious surf wave.

Just my $0.02.

Comment

Where do you live Wicked? I'm down here around Loveland Weekly (besides next week I'm going north on vacation).
                  I can bring it down it is about the easiest board I have ever ridden and my daughter learned to surf wireless on it and she weighs about 90lbs She can ride it out in the flats.......DSC01286.jpg
                  I have a Soulcraft Longboard coming soon
                  "Failing to prepare is preparing to fail" John Wooden- Rest in Peace

Comment

Originally posted by WABoating View Post
                    My brother just bought a Duke a couple of weeks ago to use with his new-to-him Mastercraft ProStar 205 (direct drive). He, my 11YO son, and I have all surfed on it. My observation is that the thing is absolutely huge (six feet one inch long!), very thick, and has a lot of mass. As a result it doesn't throw around very well. It does stay on his small DD wave better than our smaller boards, but I don't think it will be much fun on a more serious surf wave.

Just my $0.02.
                    WAB is correct, it is basically a cruiser
                    "Failing to prepare is preparing to fail" John Wooden- Rest in Peace

Comment

I live in westminster.... Should bring it down sometime and ill give ya some pulls behind the beast

Comment

Robert - I have ridden 2 other boards - one was about 3 years ago and cant remember what it was. The other was this past weekend - a CWB and in these pictures.

All - Also would take some critique / suggestions for the wave. In looking at the pics of me on the Duke, the wave seems small - could have been the angle, or just the set up/lake conditions. In the pics of my buddy on the CWB, wave seems good to me.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Update: Went out this weekend (of course!) and was able to ride wireless for a good long while. A Crew member suggested to move my feet up towards the nose more helped out tremendously.

The TO Community is awesome - thanks for all of the help! I'm glad to be a part of it!

Comment

Working...
                          X