Wakesurfing 21i Setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wakesurfing 21i Setup

I am trying to set up my 2007 21i for wakesurfing. Following some threads I have found that a 650# was used at the rear and a 400# floater. I have measured the area underneath the back seat and I don't think the 650# will fit. The measurements for the 650# are 60"x24"x10". It seems to big to fit in that area. Am I being precious or am I better off getting something that fits better.
    What have other 21i owners used?
    Every Day POETS day - Piss Off Early, Today we Ski

I can't speak fully on a 2007 model, but when most get a sac for under the seat they look at more the lenght and width that will fit. Then they fill until it pushes up on the bottom of the seat. So on the 650# it may only go to 6-8" tall not the full 10". So you get as much as possible, but the bag just doesn't fully fill.

Hit chpthril up he can probably tell you what most people are running on that model to result in the best wave. Ive only ordered bilge pump stuff so far from him (great service), but hoping to order some more pumps and sacs this winter and do it up right.
    Last edited by Ruger761; 07-25-2013, 01:28 PM.

Comment

You can always have custom sacs made as well. A simple rectangular sac is actually pretty reasonable, price wise. My custom sacs were around $200 each. They are basically just big cubes with a couple of ports.

That trailer could use some love but, that's easy enough. Tower needs to go, first thing. It's junk. That's ok though. The boat looks fairly unmolested. If its mechanically sound, its a great little boat.
      You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Nick did you get 2 posts switched up? First line looks right second looks like it goes with the 99 21V

Comment

LOL, I got flustered with your comments Nick until I to realised that you have it mixed up. I thought how can you comment about my trailer and tower with no photos.

Comment

I used to have the same boat and I had. 2 400lbs in the front under the windows and a 800lbs in the rear locker then I had a 750 n the walk through with a 400 in back on the floor with another 400 on whichever side you wer surfing and it was flat out the best wave on the lake it looks like the new surf waves on the. Z3 smooth and extremely tall and wicked long pocket
            surf till u die.

Comment

Wow, that's a lot of ballast. I am trying to keep the boat multi sport, so able to go from skiing to wakeboarding and then to wake surfing at the end of the day. As we ski on the river up here, I have to watch the actual size of the wake as the greenies will come and hassle me if it is too big.
              I am going to Melbourne on Friday to order the two custom made sacs. It works out much cheaper than buying the original stuff through dealers here who mark up by at least 200%. If all works good I can keep adding sacs.

Comment

Sorry about the mix up. Not sure how I did that.

Good call on the customs. It's nice to have sacs that fit. Post up some pics when you get it rolling.

How deep is your river?
                You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Working...
                X