looking for some board suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looking for some board suggestions

I have been surfing now for over a year and am now looking for a better board. I currently have a CWB ride and a Ronix one skimmer 4ft 4inches (to small for me) and Im looking for a new board. My CWB is a fun surf board to ride but its to glued and hard to move around much. What I do like is how well it accelerates and the floatation of it.

I'll be interested as well to know which board to go to - I have the CWB ride too.

Comment

Funny, I have a CWB Ride as well and think it's a great starter board. The only other board I've ridden was the Ronix One Skimmer. I liked it since it was alot more manuverable. However I felt that I had to lean into the board more, since it was a little slower than the Ride. I'm also in the market for a new board and I'm not sure if I should go for a surf or skim style board.

If I were to go for a skim board, I was thinking of going with either the Victoria Factor PCX or the Phase 5 Daniello Pro. Both would be the carbon boards.
      Last edited by lems52; 07-23-2013, 02:53 PM.

Comment

See if you can get a demo on a Liquid Force Custom Quad. They are about $500-$550. They accelerate in the wave without effort, just leaing, and if you are pumping, they fly. The floatation is that of a Sixer or a bombpop, and it edges very hard with great control, since there are four fins. If you are used to a skim board where you want to flat spin, it wouldn't be the unit for you, but if you like surf style, I think it's pretty awesome.

What impresed me most- on my first day riding one I was sending ollies higher than ever. It just wanted to fly out of the water. The re-entry took a bit of getting used to because it is FAST and if you were off balance, you had to quickly correct or it would shoot down the wave without you

Otherwise, I have been studying boards alot, and I would love to try a FLYBOY. Looks like it would be a similarly sweet board, but $850.00 seems a bit much to me to run out and buy one without trying.
        Supporting the oil industry one pass at a time.....

Comment

love my shred stixx hazen model (think they changed the name though). I like to ride skims once in a while too to change it up. Rode the Victoria Agent a few weeks ago and was impressed.

Comment

Have you considered the Phase 5 Carbon X. It's a hybrid,lots of speed and loose enough to spin on.I love mine and EVO.COM has them on sale now.
            I do all my own stunt work. hey ya'll watch dis.

Comment

New parks carbon thruster is a Killer board to ride...
              www.1320diesel.com Home of the Fastest Diesels!
              http://youtu.be/dEDdM0Y3IGs?hd=1

Comment

Soulcraft....we are proud of our podium spots every weekend and our 2013 Quiver is represented behind every boat...at ever level....from the pros to your next door neighbor...

soulcraftboarding.com
                squidswake@gmail.com
                Squid
                squidswake@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Wickedcummins View Post
                  New parks carbon thruster is a Killer board to ride...
                  I rode a 4ft 7 lighted thruster yesterday and wasnt feeling it. That being said it wasnt carbon, and I want to try a 5ft version.

Comment

so I tried out a 4 10 ronix one skimmer behind a malibu MXZ 22 and loved the board. I also tried a Ronix Thruster LED 5 ft 1. We took out the center rear find of the Thruster but left the two outer 2.9s in place. I didnt like that board as much as the skimmer behind the MXZ. It was a very fast board.

Comment

Originally posted by kasey200 View Post
                      love my shred stixx hazen model (think they changed the name though). I like to ride skims once in a while too to change it up. Rode the Victoria Agent a few weeks ago and was impressed.
                      That was our Victoria Agent Kasey rode. We love our Victorias for skim style! Great price point and incredible performance. Straight line speed, will pump with the best of them and spins and airs like you wouldn't believe. There is a reason Bri Chmel and Venessa Renae ride these boards.

We also demo/ride BrigadeWakesurfing. Much like a Shred Stixx or Soulcraft, custom hand shaped eps foam cores, with Apple Wood Stringers, Custom graphics. But you do get to the price points of $650+. But it is all customized to your specs. Different tail configs, fin configs, your own graphics or let them design it. They are incredible artists.
                      2013 RZR w/ConvexVX
                      http://www.surfsupws.com http://facebook.com/surfsupwatersports

Comment

Working...
                      X