struggling with my Ronix skimmer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

struggling with my Ronix skimmer

Guys im not sure why but I am having a hard time with surfing our 4ft 4 ronix skimmer, its like I cant go wireless with it. But my CWB ride I can do pretty good with. Just wondering if my ronix is to small for me or not. Im 6'0 205lbs.

Originally posted by barry1me View Post
    Guys im not sure why but I am having a hard time with surfing our 4ft 4 ronix skimmer, its like I cant go wireless with it. But my CWB ride I can do pretty good with. Just wondering if my ronix is to small for me or not. Im 6'0 205lbs.
    I had the same board, I sent it back because it felt very slow and you had to really work hard pumping it to not fall out the back of the wake. I would say that board is to small for you unless your wave is huge and you also want to work extremely hard at keeping it in the sweet spot. My wife didn't have to work hard at all, she is 120lbs compared to me at 195. Hope this helps

Comment

I'm a very average rider so by no means expert advice but I know I tried my wife's IS green loogie which is 4'4" and it is a struggle to keep in sweet spot. I ride a xxx that is 4'9" and has no prob. I am 6' 225. I would say board is too short

Comment

Originally posted by Bibbs View Post
        I'm a very average rider so by no means expert advice but I know I tried my wife's IS green loogie which is 4'4" and it is a struggle to keep in sweet spot. I ride a xxx that is 4'9" and has no prob. I am 6' 225. I would say board is too short
        who makes the xxx? sounds like a nice board.

Comment

The name of board company is triple xxx. I put bigger fins on my board as it was a older board that came with wakeboard fins. There new ones come with proper fins. I'm looking at a soulcraft to be made in the future though. Haven't ridden many boards to give opinions though. Best to try boards if u can or ask guys on this forum for advice on boards.

Comment

Originally posted by barry1me View Post
            Try moving your back foot farther forward (i.e., away from the stomp pad). I ride my wife's Walker Project F-18 and am at the bleeding edge weight limit. I miss the control of having my foot wedged against the rear of the pad, but it makes it MUCH easier to keep up.

(of course the real solution is buy a board you love, but the above is a budget fix )

Comment

Working...
            X