Fly Boy Big Boy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fly Boy Big Boy

Anyone ride this board yet? I am 6'2, 195 lbs and have a Red Rocket. I like the board, but now want more performance. I have a 2007 22ve with close to 1000 lbs ballast on each side so we have a pretty good wake. Looking for some feedback before spending $900 on a board. Thanks.

Please don't pay the price....have one made...questions...email me

squidswake@gmail.com
    Squid
    squidswake@gmail.com

Comment

[QUOTE=Allan Kendall;709553]Please don't pay the price....have one made...questions...email me

Really?

Moodysurf, I'll sell you a brand new in the box big boy for $100 less than anything that Allan quotes you, in writing, if you promise to NEVER do business with Allan or Squid's wake and I'm guessing he's repping for Soulcraft?

Free Shipping and if you want I'll have James autograph it.

And Allan you're a sack.
      Buy my kid's board! http://www.flyboywakesurf.com

Comment

The Big Boy will not disappoint. I have the smaller version and it is tons of fun to ride and the bonus is it is much more durable than any of my custom boards.

Comment

Originally posted by Allan Kendall View Post

squidswake@gmail.com
          [QUOTE=Surfdad;709739]
          Originally posted by Allan Kendall View Post

Really?

Moodysurf, I'll sell you a brand new in the box big boy for $100 less than anything that Allan quotes you, in writing, if you promise to NEVER do business with Allan or Squid's wake and I'm guessing he's repping for Soulcraft?

Free Shipping and if you want I'll have James autograph it.

And Allan you're a sack.
          Kinda a crappy thing to say..Jeff called me out and Im a man of my word....Jeff puts a lot of effort into his designs and if the bigboy is anything like the flyboy you'll dig it for sure.....Im not SAYING ANY OF THIS TO KEEP THE PEACE...Its for real. James walker is a very important part of this sport and I would be heartbroken knowing that I was one that took proceeds that goes towards funding James passion for the sport.
          Squid
          squidswake@gmail.com

Comment

So what should I ride.I'm a old man standing 5'6" and weigh 160 lbs. I ride Goofy but can also ride regular. I also ride Goofy and regular Heelside too. I can rotate a 360 but haven't ridden away from it yet.Also I've never had professional instruction. I currently ride a Phase 5 Carbon X Hybrid and like it.
            I do all my own stunt work. hey ya'll watch dis.

Comment

You should wait until the above argument is over Robert and buy whatever board the winner recommends... from the loser.

Comment

haha....no argument...I was off base and it was wrong of me to hijack the thread....all good and moving forward.
                Squid
                squidswake@gmail.com

Comment

Ill take you up on that where do I sign up
                  www.1320diesel.com Home of the Fastest Diesels!
                  http://youtu.be/dEDdM0Y3IGs?hd=1

Comment

I was really looking for feedback specifically from someone who has ridden the Big Boy. Thank you Enzo for the most relevant feedback and to Surfdad for the offer.

Comment

Originally posted by Moodysurf View Post
                      I was really looking for feedback specifically from someone who has ridden the Big Boy. Thank you Enzo for the most relevant feedback and to Surfdad for the offer.
                      We developed the prototype for Inland and James is sponsored by Inland, so I couldn't give you an unbiased opinion. Check with the folks at Wakesurf North Carolina at http://wakesurfnc.com/ they've been demoing the board all week. You can chat with Jon or Jay, they are good folks. We also just picked up a blem for our own personal board. You're welcome to ride it behind our boat anytime. We'll most likely post vids and pictures of it after the weekend at Flyboy blog.
                      Buy my kid's board! http://www.flyboywakesurf.com

Comment

If it rides anything like the JWSM, it should be excellent. FWIW, the JWSM is the only production surfstyle board I've ever liked. I am however, a skimmer.
                        You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

I bought this board and it finally came in last night. First of all the board looks awesome. Today my wife and I were able to ride it for the first time. The board if very fast and also very stable. I'm 200lbs and the board felt like I was def at the low end of the weight range. It will do whatever you want it to do. My wife road it just to try it out. She is about 125lbs. She loved it as well, very stable and easy for her to carve. She was able to recover from well beyond the curl of our wave. It def takes some getting used to if you haven't rode anything with fins this big. It breaks loose but is very tail heavy. You must keep your weight back when you try 3's ect. I think I'm going to really enjoy it. Just need to get used to the difference in the fins. Board seems to be made very well and also seems to be less fragile than some. Although I won't truly known this until we test it for some time.

Comment

Working...
                          X