Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liquid Force Surf Board Reviews

Liquid Force Dominic Legace:

I would NOT recommend this board to learn on, as it is easy to sub the nose, and it is very loose.

As far as surfing goes on this board, For a Skim Board it generates a lot of speed, and is very fast in the handling department. As long as you are careful not to push to far forward and swamp the nose, this board turns fast and controlled up the wake with enough force to ollie nicely.

Spinning a 360 I think is more challanging just because it isn't as thick as some boards, and it has a more pointed front, so you really have a tendancy to bury it more than other boards, but it does come around nicely.

I have watched four different Surfers on this board from the back of my boat, and the same things that hold me down seem to effect them. Because it isn't as boyant as other boards, you have to lean more forward and toe side to just ride the wave, and if you over do it just a bit, the nose is down, under the water, and although I have recovered multiple times from subbing the nose, it is really irritating (at least if you are a beginner) If you are pretty experienced, It is a fun, responsive board that ollies nicely, whips 3's without a problem, and is very 'flickible'

Liquid Force FISH

3 out of 4 riders preferred this board over any they had ridden due to how easy it is to ride on a demo yesterday. It is so easy to just stay in the pocket, even over rollers, that it's just a super fun board to ride, and very stable. If you are new to surfing, or ride with people new to surfng, you definitely need this board in your quiver. It spins 3's pretty well for how big it is, although I think as far as whipping up the wave to ollie it feels a bit slower. The positive is, you really have to try to sink the nose. I didn't feel like I could generate the forward drive on it that i could on the Dom or the Quad, it just seemed slower all around to me, but then again, I learned on the DOM which feels entirely different. Everyone else on the boat loved it, i am guessing because of how stable and predictable it was.

Liquid Force Quad

I loved how this rode, and everyone else on the boat thought they would need some time to get used to it. It is VERY fast, and because it is so bouyant, it seems to want to go right out from under you. The benefit is, I could come back from a long ways away on this board with the proper pumping, and I could easily generate a TON of speed, making it easier to ride out of the wave farther, and pop up fast and high on the wake. Coming down from the ollie was pretty shaky, just because of how the board floats so well, balance was everything. Swamping the nose wasn't a problem at all, again because of the thickness of the board, and spinning a 360 seemed really easy if you carve up hard on the wave, it just goes right around.

My only complaint is one of my inadequacy. If you crash on the Quad, it is more unforgiving than the Fish or the Dom. It floats so well that it can shoot right back at you and to some damage if you are in the wrong position. I had two fins dig into the back of my leg, that I am still feeling today (i didn't get cut, but it sure feels like I did) and more than once it rammed my shins on failed 360's.

I can only imagine getting credit carded would be in my future, and a lots of ice.

I am going to be a review on my new SIXER when that shows up. I think it will be a lot like the Quad, but with the underside molded a bit different in the front, I am guessing the Sixer will be more stable.
    Supporting the oil industry one pass at a time.....

Great review! I will look forward to that Sixer review. I know that I wasn't a fan of the last Shred Stixx of Chase's because you had to pump it a lot to keep up with the wave.

Comment

The Board arrived today so I will be posting a review tomorrow, Pretty stoked!

Comment

Originally posted by Magnumguru View Post
        Liquid Force Quad

I loved how this rode, and everyone else on the boat thought they would need some time to get used to it. It is VERY fast, and because it is so bouyant, it seems to want to go right out from under you. The benefit is, I could come back from a long ways away on this board with the proper pumping, and I could easily generate a TON of speed, making it easier to ride out of the wave farther, and pop up fast and high on the wake. Coming down from the ollie was pretty shaky, just because of how the board floats so well, balance was everything. Swamping the nose wasn't a problem at all, again because of the thickness of the board, and spinning a 360 seemed really easy if you carve up hard on the wave, it just goes right around.
        My brother got the 5.0' version of this board and we finally got it to the lake this weekend. Wow, much faster and better riding than I thought it would be! This is a great board for someone trying to progress to the next level! I have a Walker Project Bomb Pop 4'9" and this LF board is every bit as fast. I was able to get some decent aerials on it and the straight line speed for recovery is really awesome! I'm still shocked at how fast this board is. I was not able to "snap" it like I do my Bomb Pop but it does maneuver very well and if you are 180+, you will love this board! My buddy is 260 and has had some challenges with free riding and he jumped on this board behind a Z3 and was having the most fun he has ever had surfing.
        Speed: 9/10 - was able to keep up with the boat all the way to 12.4 mph, normal riding speed is about 11.0 - 11.2 for us.
        Handling: 6/10 (subjective comparison to other "custom" boards)
        Weight: 7/10 - Lots of resin/glass on this board to make it durable for a boat board
        Craftsmanship/quality: 7/10 - minor blemishes that are visible
        Fun: 8.5/10 - I had so much fun on it that I didn't ride my Bomb Pop
        Recovery: 9/10 - so easy to recover on

I love custom boards, Walker, Soulcraft, Shred Stixx, Mendonesia, Flyboy, Inland, etc, but this board is right there with them if you are a "bigger" guy/gal. I never thought that I would recommend a wakeboard mfr surfboard but I think most amateur's would love this board while trying to get to the next level. I only wonder if you could run some FCS fins in it and get it to snap/spin a little bit easier.

I will update this thread after I get some more time on it.

Comment

Timmy,

I have another thread reviewing the Sixer that I had, for a second time, with major blems. I finally Just asked Liquid Force to send me the Quad instead. The 4'8" I have had both times is horribly slow, and the quality control out of China is very disappointing.

I wonder if this board was designed as a 5' board, and then just shrank down to 4'8", because my friends have ridden a 5 and they say it rides completely different.

Comment

That could be! My wife rode the quad and stopped because she wasn't good enough to figure out how to stay on the brakes and slow it down enough so she could have fun.

How much do you weigh? I wonder if the 4'8" has a low weight limit and then the 5' picks up where it left off?

Comment

I come in at 175-180 lbs. depending on the day. I think it would be fine for that board. I can ride it, but it sure is a challange. I have done some nice ollies on it, and almost was able to land a 360 with it, but I have to pump that sucker like crazy most of the time.

In a week I should have my quad and hopefully be a happy man.

Comment

Working...
              X