Help weighting 2013 RZ4 for wakesurfing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help weighting 2013 RZ4 for wakesurfing

Wakeboard wake is AWESOME on this boat! SO AMAZING! Trying to dial in the surf wake, now. We have the surf ballast installed on our boat. Typically, we have four kids under 10 (so less than 210 lbs there), and me driving (125) as my husband surfs (he's a solid 250). Not a lot of weight to throw around in the boat, and we are struggling to get the surf wake -- like we can't get the push. Any help would be SO appreciated!

I was struggling dialing in my new Z3. The thing I found that helped especially to get the push I needed. We weighted down not only the side we are surfing on but also the non surf side. I had the Z1 before and never had to do this, We just weighted down the surf side. But with the bigger and wider boats I was told to weight the surf side to 100% and the non surf side 50%. This help out a lot and of course you will just need to fine tune from there. I would recommend getting an extra 450 lbs along with the surf sac to throw on top of the seat it helped out a lot for me. Hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks SO MUCH! We'll give it a shot -- do you weight the front, as well?

Comment

Yes we do. 100% on the surf side and 50% on the no surf side. Here picture of what mine looked like this weekend!
        photo.jpg

Comment

WOW! That's amazing! Okay -- we'll give it a shot -- 100% on front and back surf side, and 50% front and back nonsurf. Can't tell you how much I appreciate the help! We were feeling so lost! Enjoy that wake!

Comment

That's correct! And no problem that's was these are for! Hope it works for you!

Comment

josh.robinson -- can you recommend where to buy a 450lb sac and a brand/pump to go along with it?

Comment

Super easy answer there Walters...Mike aka Chpthril. He has everything you need and is incredibly helpful

Comment

Working...
                X