Inland Surfer Sweet Spot Pro opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inland Surfer Sweet Spot Pro opinions

This board looks like it might be a lot of fun and I'd like to get a more boyant a surf style board

Currently riding a 4'6" Phase 5 Danielo Diamond but it's a bit small for my taste. The girl likes it..actually she loves it. So she can have it and I need to find something different
    my midlife crisis started at puberty and I plan on enjoying it all the way to the end..

Do a search here, it's been discussed (and compared to other boards) several times. Ewok has one and loves it, but when I tried it I wasn't as thrilled. I'm much happier with my Parks Carbon Thruster, which has also been discussed here and deserves a search.

Here's a thought - buy something totally new and add to our database of knowledge! {grin}

In any case, please report back on what you decide!

Comment

I searched..as far back as early 2011. The board came out last year and it's different than the standard sweet spot. Narrower for one thing and it has more nose rocker which is nice

still looking for opinions...first hand experience riding
      my midlife crisis started at puberty and I plan on enjoying it all the way to the end..

Comment

The Sweet Spot is a really fun board. It is really easy to ride, but will still let you do airs and 360s. It's a great intro to surf style
        www.wake.victoriaskimboards.com

Comment

the biggest it comes in is 4'8". I was hoping for a 4'10"...it is alot thicker than my skimstyle though

Comment

The sweet spot pro is a good intermediate/advanced board that will let you learn and progress on a surf style board. IMO, the carbon thruster was quick but felt loose, more like a skim style, the SSP is a little more locked down on the tail with the various fin configurations. they are both fun boards but it comes down to personal preference, I like the SSP better than the Carbon Thruster and WABoating is vise versa. I also weigh 215 and WABoating is a bit less than that.
            2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
            2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

I've kinda lost interest in the SSP. I watched Ragboys' vid on surfstyle boards. As of now I'm leaning towards Shred Stixx boards. One in particular..Piranha. It's the closest thing to a real surfboard that' i've seen. At 4'11" and fairly thick I think it could work. On sale too...499.

Everything else is like at least 650. I was thinking of getting another Danielo Diamond in 58 inches. We've got the 51 and all the girl loves that one. It's like a banana peel on water for me...ridiculously skittish. I try to do 360 and it just sinks if I don't spin fast enough. I made my mind up to get a surfstyle though. I want some bouyancy. The water is cold here and I need all the extra float

Comment

You don't need float. I think that's been proven. Look at Topaz Surfers redwood board.

Have you tried the JW signature Flyboy? I know they are spendy but, I thought it rode nicer than any surf style board I've been on. People seem to say its too loose but, I thought it was just loose enough for an advanced rider. I weight 190.

FWIW, I've never been on a SSP.
                You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

You don't need float. I think that's been proven. Look at Topaz Surfers redwood board.

Have you tried the JW signature Flyboy? I know they are spendy but, I thought it rode nicer than any surf style board I've been on. People seem to say its too loose but, I thought it was just loose enough for an advanced rider. I weight 190.

FWIW, I've never been on a SSP.
                  You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

uhhh I like float though. I need float. I'm too much of a surfer and I can last alot longer on a surf style. I'm good for 2 or 3 minutes on the Phase 5 4'3". On my 5'4" Walden Fish I can stay out there all day. Not that I want to surf that board all the time. I want to go smaller but it's got to be versatile...

Maybe for the future I can find my skim style but for now I wanna go surf and so does the crew (all real surfers)..

Another thing...Tahoe doesn't stay flat that long. The wind comes up around noon most of the time... and if you spend too much time picking up riders then some peep's won't get their money's worth.

Also we like to go with big looong waves. Got to have surf style to pump from 25 ft back

If they're not that good I won't let them take out the little boards. Especially chicks who are learning. Too many times they fall right away and we circle back...then it's like I got it this time..uh huh nope. 6 pulls and 40 bux of gas later we toss them a bigger board. We get alot of beginners too. My pal makes sure the boat is 'stocked' most of the time AND 9 times out of 10 'Barbie' is a beginner

Comment

Working...
                    X