LF Chase sixer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LF Chase sixer

Anyone try this board? Never been a huge fan of wakeboard companies making surf boards but looks like LF is heading right direction. Price is pretty reasonable as well compared to some others I am looking at.

I have a TWP right now and like it but its on its last leg. So need to start shopping.

I am 6'3" 180 lbs. So 4.8 or 5.0? need it to be lively.
    2016 Tige Z3, 2014 Tige Z3
    2013 Tige Z3, 2004 Tige 24V (Legen....dary)

I have one on order, it should be here the end of this week and I will give you a review. I currently own the Dominic Legace Liquid Force. I just surfed yesterday on the Quad, as well as the Fish, and am looking forward to seeing the difference in the sixer. I will post my findings on the Quad, Fish, and Dominic on a fresh post.
    Supporting the oil industry one pass at a time.....

Comment

Any reviews on this board yet?

Comment

I love the way this board feels and I really wanted it to work - only problem is that anyone under 175 pounds will have a tough time riding it. I understand it is not a cruiser, but at least my daughter really likes it so I don't feel so bad about spending the money. I tried different fin configurations and fins, but just no push.

Let me know what your experience is with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I bought one and am 230lbs. Seems to work good for me !

Comment

Mine came in the other day and I was not impressed at all. I am waiting for a new one to see if it is any better, but here is my experience with the one that came in.

The first thing I noticed was the sticker that said every board was hand inspected and formed to the highest standards, so there is no warranty.

After this I noticed that the graphics underneath the finish was ripped out, and they just glassed over it in two spots. At the nose, there was a section of fiberglass that was so week, that you could push your thumb into and make the foam underneath easily flex. The shaping of the grooves on the bottom side were pretty poor as well, and you could feel the surface imperfections as you rubbed your hand across.

Again on the bottom there were a lot of imperfections that they tried to cover over, and poorly at that. I just can't believe that from Liquid Force, a company who's products I have experienced quite a bit, the quality wasn't better.

I have rode the quad, the Fish, and the Dom and all of them were great. This board was an anchor.

I have read in other places that it is a "performance board" and can't just be ridden normal, which seems like a pretty elaborate way to say "poor design". However I found this to be the case with mine. The only way I could ride it was with the fins in the configuration all the pictures from the manufacturer show. When I did pump it hard into the wake it cut awesome, ollied well, and the board control on re-entry was fantastic. The bad part was you couldn't stay in the wake. I weight 180 lbs. and my friend weighs 230 lbs and neither of us could make this board ride well.

I had to have my foot as far up on the front pad as possible, with almost all my weight on it to get it to maintain speed with the wake, and to do it I had to be up close in the fastest part of the wave. The boat wasn't set of with the biggest wave possible, it was about a medium height wave. Perhaps if I would have added a few hundred more pounds it would have changed things, but if that's the case, do not buy this board if you can't produce a phenominal wave. When we went out the next day to mess with the fin configuration, I ballasted my R20 with 950 lbs in the back left, 450 up front, and just the driver. We couldn't get the board to ride in any configuration then.

I was sincerely hoping this was due to being a factory defect, So I took it back to my dealer, and I have a new one on the way. The poor quality justified this move anyway. I was really impressed with the quad, and hoped this Chase Sixer would ride as good if not better.

A couple friends of mine rode a sixer behind a wakesetter ballasted to the max, with a chest high wave, and they really liked it a lot. Neither one of them would be considered better than average riders. They noticed as well that you ride really front heavy on the board.

I hope this helps. I will do another post when the new sixer shows up and I ride it behind my R20 under full ballast.

Comment

I think another issue is chase's boards have always been "slow" meaning without crazy pumping they don't tend to surf well. Once you learn to pump more like chase the boards would come to life. Hope that helps.
              Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

After being frustrated with the board I was watching a few videos of him, and he does pump a lot. I can pump on most boards and bring it back into the wake, but this sixer is a whole different animal.

I would say if someone wants great pop, good edging, easy riding, and doesn't want to spend over 650-850 dollars on a Flyboy, or someother custom, the Quad is a pretty good value.

Comment

Originally posted by duffymahoney View Post
                  I think another issue is chase's boards have always been "slow" meaning without crazy pumping they don't tend to surf well. Once you learn to pump more like chase the boards would come to life. Hope that helps.
                  Bingo! Chase is always pumping the board and his boards require that or they feel slow as hell. I'm not into working all of the time while I am riding and that's why I didn't like his Shred Stix model either. Chase is an amazing rider, I am clearly NOT!

Comment

Originally posted by Magnumguru View Post
                    I had to have my foot as far up on the front pad as possible, with almost all my weight on it to get it to maintain speed with the wake, and to do it I had to be up close in the fastest part of the wave.
                    Not defending what sounds like a poorly designed board but just providing a tip for anyone faced with a slow board.

Rather than moving your front foot as far forward as possible, try moving your back foot forward, away from the tail of the board. This should greatly accelerate the board with some loss of control and increased pearling. Again, I am not suggesting anyone chooses a board where they need to move their rear foot away from the stability of the rear pad ramp -- but it is a good tip to keep in mind if you find yourself on a slow board.

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan View Post
                      Not defending what sounds like a poorly designed board but just providing a tip for anyone faced with a slow board.

Rather than moving your front foot as far forward as possible, try moving your back foot forward, away from the tail of the board. This should greatly accelerate the board with some loss of control and increased pearling. Again, I am not suggesting anyone chooses a board where they need to move their rear foot away from the stability of the rear pad ramp -- but it is a good tip to keep in mind if you find yourself on a slow board.
                      This is a good tip to remember, I was putting my front foot all the way forward, and had my rear foot on the forward most of the rear pads, but it resulted in the front edge cutting into the wake too much and plowing. I am not sure if just a narrower stance would have worked or not, keeping the front foot more mid position and the rear foot as far up as allowable. Doesn't seem like I want to own a board like that, but we will see with a bigger wake this weekend.

For anyone following this, We did call LF and explained the poor fit and finish. They are sending out a new board and the other one is on the way back. I was glad to hear this. Again, I will post another review on the board next week after riding it over the weekend.

Comment

The newer shred stixx customs have less rocker and are much faster. I would love to try this board still.
                        Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

Thanks for the input.

I have a few boards in mind. Flyboy, Keenan, Sixxer, TWP and a few others.
                          2016 Tige Z3, 2014 Tige Z3
                          2013 Tige Z3, 2004 Tige 24V (Legen....dary)

Comment

yup boards very slow and requires tons of pumping.. Its fun if you can pump but its alot of work.. People I bring out LOVE the Ronix Parks Thruster because Its wicked fast with no pumping.. And when you pump its a damn rocket
                            www.1320diesel.com Home of the Fastest Diesels!
                            http://youtu.be/dEDdM0Y3IGs?hd=1

Comment

I finally got my new Sixer so i thought I would toss out a quick review on it.

The attention to detail on this "hand inspected" wonder is pretty terrible. I found the same flaws on this board as my last one. bits of the graphics were missing and then it was just glassed over. As far as the surface of the board, there are many imperfections. The surface of the board has some slight raised lumps in it you can feel with your hands the size of quarters, about 3 of them, they are slight, but for a hand inspected board, they should have been block sanded out or something.

Besides the overall lack of attention to detail on this board, it does ride easier then the last one I recieved. We had a pretty big wake rolling, and i think with this board, if you just have a factory tige and you are going to surf behind it on this board, you will soon be buying more ballast.

The board it self is very solid feeling in the water. It reminds me of skateboarding. you can put tons of pressure up front without sinking the nose, and when you come down from an ollie and rush down the wake it is very hard to get it to dive or go out of control. I did watch my friend do it, but It didn't happen to me.

I was able to pump it back from leg-sucking forces in the wake up the the back of the boat quite nicely and build some pretty good, controlled speed. One thing I noticed is it feels like it takes more energy to pump this board, probably because it is so bouyant. I was quite a bit more tired after a session on this board than I get on the Dom.

Spin tricks are a bit harder on this board with all six fins in as you would assume, I whipped a 360 on it....and as i went down i noticed that the board did not

My friend said he could hear my feet litterally slipping off the foam of the board when I spun.

I haven't had time to mix the fins up, but from what I have ridden in the past, I will probably end up with just 2 or four fins, set up like a quad, instead of using the back position.

Overall i would say as long as you have a great wake, this board should be fun, because you can thrown about anything at it, and it's easy to recover.

To do it over again, I would just buy the QUAD and save $100.00, but I may change my opinion once I have a chance to ride it switch, since that's one of the reasons I bought it.

Comment

Working...
                              X