Wakesurfboard Repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wakesurfboard Repair

Does anyone know what type of paint to use to try to repair an inland surfer board. a friend put a little ding in the board at the end of last summer and I sanded and used epoxy to fill in the ding, I sanded it smooth but I want to try to paint over the epoxy. I used spray paint from lowes with a clear coat on top that matched the color of the board (white) but when I put the board in the bimini surf pocket the paint melted and stuck to the black fabric so its a gooey looking mess. I've sanded it down again and I want to paint it again with the proper paint, should I use high heat engine paint? None of the other paint on the board melts off from the heat of the WA sun. And I did let the paint cure in my garage for a week before I put it in the surf pocket.

I'll post a pick when I get home, thanks for the help.

Ewok
    2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
    2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Not sure what you used but it seams funny that the heat would do that. I think that either the paint for poly or epoxy paint would be what one should use.
    Wake Up or Stay On Shore!

Comment

Originally posted by Ewok View Post
      Does anyone know what type of paint
      Inland Surfer actually has a repair kit, with color options. There is a small tube of "tint" that gets mixed into the epoxy resin and does a really good job of color matching. By tinting the resin, you avoid that color lift off with paint. If you used a cheap 5 min epoxy, it should still be rubbery and can be pulled off without much effort. Then using the IS product with color and it should be hard to tell you have a repair.

Here is a link to the IS repair product.

http://store.inlandsurfer.com/p/inla...pair-kit?pp=12

Hope that helps.
      Buy my kid's board! http://www.flyboywakesurf.com

Comment

Thanks surfdad, I'll order that kit.
        2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
        2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

Working...
        X