Calling wake surfers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calling wake surfers

usually board.. but the wife broke her tailbone. so looks like some low impact stuff on the horizon for me (and her for that matter)

looking for a surf style board we can both ride.. max weight on it will be me 170 not really beginner... but something that we wont buy and go wish I got the next level.. any advice help would be great.

Thanks.
    Last edited by WakerideN; 08-08-2012, 09:32 PM.
    2011 Tigé RZ4
    www.re-viveupholstery.com

I'm really enjoying my LakeWakes Wakesurf Board. It has the Futures removable fins, and really like the way it rides! Its effortless, it is a little bit to get used to, but well worth the learning!

Comment

Originally posted by gcombe74 View Post
      usually board.. but the wife broke her tailbone. so looks like some low impact stuff on the horizon for me (and her for that matter)

looking for a surf style board we can both ride.. max weight on it will be me 170 not really beginner... but something that we wont buy and go wish I got the next level.. any advice help would be great.

Thanks.
      Inland Surfer Sweet Spot Pro. It has a quad fin set-up which will allow for lots of possibilities from a beginner through an expert.

Comment

Originally posted by majestic View Post
        Inland Surfer Sweet Spot Pro. It has a quad fin set-up which will allow for lots of possibilities from a beginner through an expert.
        x2
        2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
        2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

Lakewakes are good wake surfing boards that r better this yr with new materials and cork top for lighter weight yet good topside durability.

Comment

Check out triple x boards, great boards and good price

Comment

In the past I have seen some on KSL for cheap. Might be a way to get a board or two to try.

Another option would be to come to Denver and test several with Squids.

I have the Hyperlite broadcast 5"6" and Lakewakes 55 Wide. I like them both. The nice thing about the broadcast is that anyone can ride and it would be hard to damage. I was in Utah last month and we mostly rode the broadcast and all had a blast. I am picky about who gets to ride the Lakewakes, I don't want to have to replace it so it is easier to not bring it depending on who is going to be on the boat.

Comment

ps anymore this topic seems to be like be like truck wars, boat wars, oil wars, etc...

The best is to test them and find one that works for you. There are a lot of good companies out there.

If I buy another I would look at the Bomb Pop or Shredstixx custom, not necessarily ruling out any other brand.

Comment

Originally posted by skippabcool View Post
                  ps anymore this topic seems to be like be like truck wars, boat wars, oil wars, etc...

The best is to test them and find one that works for you. There are a lot of good companies out there.

If I buy another I would look at the Bomb Pop or Shredstixx custom, not necessarily ruling out any other brand.
                  I guess my take is this. just want to make an educated choice. I talked to an inland rep and he gave me his opinion. but I also see the walkers and shred stixx have alot of pop off the wake so i go.. I want to ride like that at some point. but really like to hear get some feedback. but I would have to agree.. you dont hear anyone sticking their neck out saying dont buy this or that.. haha
                  2011 Tigé RZ4
                  www.re-viveupholstery.com

Comment

allow a board to pick you. It would be a bummer if you purchased one and then learned that there was something better....for you.

This is a popular question that I can only compare with, What kind of underwear should I get?
                    You don't have to go through me to pull this off, The polar bear is coming up, and your local shop may know of someone that has some...or one.

Believe me and learn from my moves, I paid 300 for a board that was awesome for about 4 weeks, then I tested another that was crazy better! yep, I purchased it, and then, and then, and then,...

If you can DEMO anyway possible do it. Input from everyone is great and gives you a foundation of what to try, but we're not writing the check, its not being used behind our boat and its not for us, its for you...

...PS you can tell what every one rides buy there suggestions..LOL! and there all amazing boards and you should trust the input provided by them, there Tige people and Tige people are smart.

OPTION:

OK (Sales pitch) I have had three families come out to Colorado for vacations and work a surf session in to demo my quiver...seems to be working well. most are happy and find what they want, some don't, but they go home knowing what they don't like...and as G.I. Joe said "knowing is half the battle".
                    Last edited by Allan Kendall; 08-10-2012, 03:41 AM.
                    Squid
                    squidswake@gmail.com

Comment

ive ridden tons of boards and bought n sold tons of boards. HATED the Shred stixxs Thrusher Slowest POS ive ever ridden.. Still yet to ride anything that compares to my ronix parks thruster. My second favorite is the Ronix Koal. I did ride the dom skimmer and is my favorite skimmer. =) Make sure you demo the parks truster its SICCCCCK
                      www.1320diesel.com Home of the Fastest Diesels!
                      http://youtu.be/dEDdM0Y3IGs?hd=1

Comment

Working...
                      X