Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nailed first 360

Well, not me .

My wife nailed her first 360. She has been after it all this summer. Yesterday saw three tries that were the best yet and each one better than the last. On a hunch, I tossed my phone to a friend to vid her fourth attempt. SUCCESS She was quite happy, as evident from the video.

Note, we had a light crew (3 adults in boat and a 23 pound infant ), no brick on the platform, and windy conditions. '09 RZ2, rear port 1000 lb custom sack, rear port stock tank, ~350lb front port, ~200 lb front sb. TAPS 2, 11.5 mph. Normally surf TAPS 3 for a steeper wall but TAPS 2 softened it for the 360 attempts.
    Last edited by Duncan; 07-23-2012, 03:01 AM.

Feels so good doesn't it!!!! Congradulations!!!

Comment

Originally posted by embo View Post
      Feels so good doesn't it!!!! Congradulations!!!
      Thanks!

My fav part of the vid is the end where she gets so excited and is bouncing up and down on the board and buries the nose, toppling over mid-celebration.

It was a big day on the boat. A semi-frequent part of our crew finally got up on a surf board and was riding with some slack (she learned to wake board end of last season). And another relative novice (who held the phone above) rode switch wake boarding and switch surfing. I think it helps to start switch early in the learning process.

I also landed just into the flats for the first time ever on a wake board. I did, however, fail several efforts at my own 360

So, very fun day.

Comment

way to go!!!!

Comment

Very Cool! Looks like she's been pulling 360's forever

Comment

Thats awesome congrats to her, thanks for sharing
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Awesome!!!! Tell her congrats from the TO crowd!

Comment

Thanks for all the kind words and shout outs above. I am passing them on and they are much appreciated

Comment

Congrats to Mrs D That is awesome
                  "Failing to prepare is preparing to fail" John Wooden- Rest in Peace

Comment

Good work. Man I am struggling with 3's this year. She made it look so easy though. Just got my wife catching a bit of air last night. She was pretty pumped about that.
                    2016 Tige Z3, 2014 Tige Z3
                    2013 Tige Z3, 2004 Tige 24V (Legen....dary)

Comment

Awesome job! Been working on this as well and almost got it yesterday.
                      "Riding the Wake of Life"

Comment

Working...
                      X