HOW CLOSE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HOW CLOSE

Went wireless for about 1 minute today. I feel like i am about to land on the swim platform, how close should the sweet spot be, i am about 2 foot away from the platform.

thats kinda close. 4-8 feet seems about right for most I see.

Comment

How much ballast? What's the boat setup? Which board? your size? info helps alot.

Comment

When we surf you can almost step right off the board and onto the swim step. Well, I can almost do it. Others can actually do it. I have a 21i, which is about as far away from a surfing boat as Tige makes, so it probably won't be the same foe you. It's all just going to depend on the sweet spot in the wake. The faster you go, the farther away from the boat the sweet spot will be, the slower you go, the bigger the wake and sweet spot will be. More ballast and the right boat will let you get a bigger wake farther away. If you have a smaller boat with no ballast and the engine in the center like i do, you have to stick as many guys in the back corner of the boat as you can, drive really slowly and surf really close to the boat.

On a buddies Malibu which is set up for surfing, we are probably around six to ten feet off the step.

Comment

Incredible fun today! Both my wife and I went wireless for an endless amount of time. Ended up running only the port side ballast full, taps at 3, and 10mph. Figured out that weight shift totally controls where you are on the wave! Almost like snowboarding when you shuffle the board ahead in the lift line, weight on the front to speed up, on the back to slow down. Was able to keep about 6 feet off the swim platform. SWEET.

Comment

Awesome, congrats!

Comment

Working...
            X